A Dragon For a Companion

Tom Riddle, also known as the Dark Lord Voldemort, had just gotten out of the washroom when he spotted a copy of the Daily Prophet on his bed next to his breakfast.

His dark curls were still wet and he was completely bare, showing off his stunningly lean body, not a blemish in sight.

He dried his hair with a quick spell as he took a seat on his bed, crimson eyes scanning the title first.

FOUR CHAMPIONS?

His eyes darted across the pages and in the other room, a pure white snake paused in her eating, red eyes blinking slowly.

"LUCIUS!"

Nagini, the Dark Lord's familiar, shuddered at the heavy magic she could feel from her master and was not surprised when a black, smoke like substance, slid under the door of Tom's room.

The man had only called Lucius, but Tadeus and Antonin had appeared as well, his oldest followers worried.

At the sight of Tom, Lucius looked away, face pink, while Tadeus didn't seem to care at all that their Lord was naked before them.

Almost as if he had seen him before.

"Yes my Lord?" responded Lucius and the man stood tall, his crimson gaze like liquid pools of blood as he glared at the newspaper.

"Why, is Hadrian competeing in the tournament? He's too young!" snapped Tom, one of the large windows cracking and Antonin frowned deeply.

"What?" he muttered quietly, not even flinching when Tom tossed him the paper, pacing the room now, his thoughts racing.

"That's impossible. There was an age line." muttered Lucius, staring over Antonin's shoulder at the headline blankly and Tom scowled. "Obviously someone must have put his name in the Goblet. The Goblet doesn't take champions from the same school." he spat, rubbing his hand over his face.

"My Lord I'll talk with the judges as well as the ministry, unfortunately if the young Lord doesn't compete, he will lose his magic." said Lucius and Tom nodded, though his expression was anything but calm.

"I know.." he sighed, finally going to his wardrobe.

Lucius left soon after, leaving only Antonin and Tadeus.

"Tom, have faith in Hadrian. You've taught him just as much as anyone else." said Tadeus, coming to his friend's side and Tom hummed, eyes closed briefly when Tadeus played in his hair, the small action making him smile.

Tadeus' heart swelled and Tom chuckled. "You're right. He has learned a lot from me. I just hope he and his friends make it back in one peace. I know they will not go easy on Hadrian because he is their King." he said, Tadeus watching as the man stepped into a pair of black trousers, pulling on a deep red shirt right after.

He tugged on a suit jacket and stepped into one of his favorite pairs of boots, Tadeus knew because they were a gift from Antonin on one of Tom's many birthdays.

He ran a hand through his silky curls one last time then put up his glamour, no longer Tom Riddle, but Michael Crumbley.

"Tom, you're seething." pointed out Antonin, a smile twitching on his lips and Tom rolled his eyes. "I am. Unfortunately, I can't do anything about this. Hadrian would want a fair competition so intefering would be disrespectful to him. For now we should focus on finding out who put his name in the Goblet. Draco is worried sick as well.." he sighed, checking his watch quickly, then walking out the door with Tadeus and Antonin at his side.