Dreams

Dreams

"Serpent."

Hadrian blinked, turning at the familiar voice.

When he had gone to bed that night, he had not expected to turn up in Tom's bedroom, the man himself standing from his bed, his eyes filled with relief as he approached the boy.

And though Hadrian was still angry with him, he didn't deny the Dark Lord a tight embrace.

"I was..terrified of losing you." he murmured quietly and for a moment, Hadrian couldn't help but be sympathetic. "I'm sorry for scaring you all. It wasn't my intention." replied the raven, sighing as Tom ran his fingers through the boy's hair.

They stayed like this for quite some time, then Hadrian reluctantly pulled back.

Tom frowned at this.

"What's wrong?" he asked carefully and Hadrian gave him a look. "You do know that Draco is a veela, correct? And I'm sure you know what happens to a veela when one or both of their mates is ignoring them."

Tom straightened up at that, his expression giving nothing away.

Hadrian figured this would happen.

Unlike his friends, Tom was an adult, a powerful, mature one. And adults often thought they were right in everything. And it was probably much worse for Tom as he was the Dark Lord. Being wrong wasn't something he was used to. Being told off by his thirteen year old soulmate was not something he'd ever get used to, either.

"Yes, I am aware. And why should that matter?"

Hadrian felt agitation rushing up his spine but forced it back so he would remain calm. Getting into a fight with Tom was something he'd never want.

Their relationship was too strong, too complicated to be fighting. If something went wrong there would be two very powerful Dark wizards with powerful followers fighting each other and he didn't want that. Especially since they were all too close.

Though he wasn't a fool. He knew even Remus and Sirius wouldn't be able to go against Tom.

"Tom, I love you. I do. But blaming Draco for my near death experience is something I can't look past. He is just as much as your soulmate as I. He should not be treated any differently from me. In fact, I have noticed that you don't treat Draco as you do myself. You don't treat him wrongly either but I can't stand by and let this continue. Why would you ignore him? Not only is it bad for his veela, but it is extremely bad for his mental health. He adores you Tom. How do you think he felt when he had to watch over me without the comfort of you? I know you can feel his anguish even if you have blocked him out." stated Hadrian and Tom made a face and Hadrian frowned.

"Are you saying it isn't his fault? I could have lost you Hadrian. Your father would have lost you. Does that not matter to you? If he had stayed by your side like he was supposed to, that rat would have never even dreamed of getting close enough to poison you." said the man and Hadrian shook his head.

"Supposed to? If I am upset, the wise decision would be to not approach me. Of course in this instance that happened to be unwise, but he was taking my feelings into consideration. He knew I was upset and he knew I would be even more so if they had tried to coddle me. If this is anyone's fault, it is my own."

Tom scowled at that and Hadrian forced himself not to react to the lamp that had exploded on Tom's nightstand.

"I don't see why it should matter. I care for Draco, but he is not you." the short response told Hadrian all he needed. Tom wasn't fond of telling anyone how he felt. Even with Hadrian himself there were still things, his personal thoughts that he kept to himself. Not even Tadeus would tell Hadrian what the man was thinking.

"I see. Well, until you can see through your ego. I will not be speaking to you." Tom went rigid at those words, his red eyes alight with annoyance. "Excuse me?"

"I did not stutter. Goodbye Tom. I hope you have nice dreams for the remainder of this night."

And Lucius had never jumped so high as every window in Riddle Manor shattered.

"Only Hadrian.." sighed Tadeus, holding his temples and Bella cackled. "He's a Black. We're stubborn."

"Yes. Unfortunately, so is my Lord." muttered Lucius.