Mine

Mine

Despite once being a home for the Dark Lord's muggle relatives, Riddle Manor was a grand place. Hadrian figured the Dark Lord added a few of his own touches here and there.

"Why not train in Slytherin Palace?" he asked Tom, as the Dark Lord led him further into the manor. The man was in casual attire that day, though he looked regal in anything he wore, wearing a black button down shirt with black slacks and boots.

His silky hair was a naturally curly mess on his head but he made it look good and as always Hadrian found it difficult to look away from his crimson gaze. Ever since Tom got his body back, their connection grew increasingly strong.

So much so that sometimes, Hadrian would get annoyed and fairly lonely when he wasn't around the man. Tom assured it would be easier later but even he couldn't stay away from Hadrian too long. There was something different about their connection.

"The Palace was in fairly good condition but it needs to be clean and refurbished quite a lot. My magic is powerful and so is that of my inner circle, but it is a big place. We'll need more people and elves to get it completely finished by the end of this summer. So for now, we'll do everything here. Besides, as I said, Slytherin Palace is our home. It won't be the headquarters for my Death Eaters. Only my inner circle." responded the elder wizard and Hadrian hummed in understanding.

"What do you think of..my subjects as you are so fond of calling them?" he commented and Tom chuckled, turning to gaze at his little King. "They are quite determined. And their magic is impressive for children of only eleven. I am pleased that they are so faithful to you. It's interesting to watch you..it's like watching my own rise from the outside. Though you all will be more prepared. I remember at times I was very frustrated with myself. A lot of my original inner circle got hurt during our first few battles. I believed it was my own fault for not preparing them better." he said and Hadrian looked incredulous.

"I find it hard to imagine you being a bad leader."

"Oh trust me, it was bad for a while. Eventually though I got the hang of it. Even I have..flaws. Surprisingly." he muttered that last part and smiled when Hadrian chuckled in amusement.

The two stopped at a pair of double doors and Tom faced Hadrian.

"You should know that I have something planned for your birthday. I wanted it to be special since it is your first birthday with me. Your friends, of course are invited." he said and Hadrian seemed surprised. "You didn't have to plan anything Tom. The Malfoys, Neville and I usually just have a small party to ourselves. It not that much of a big deal."

At this Tom gave him an offended stare.

"Of course it is. Serpent, you're the first and only heir to the Black and Grindelwald names. Not to mention, you are my future Consort. You deserve the best." he said, reaching forward to caress the boy's face lightly and Hadrian found himself blushing slightly. "..fine. I have a feeling you just wish to show me off."

Tom smirked.

"What's wrong with showing off? Are you forgetting who I am?"

"I could never Tom. Not with how many times people curse your name."

Tom started to smirk, then blinked and scowled as Hadrian laughed, full on snorting. "I'm sorry. That had to be said." Tom rolled his eyes and pulled open the double doors. Hadrian stepped inside after him and stared out over the focused looking Death Eaters.