Life On The Other Side (Ginny)

Ginny Weasley awakened with a small smile, yawning and stretching as she climbed out of bed, going for her new robes.

"Morning Ginny." came a voice from the other side of the room. Ginny looked over to see a girl with deep brown hair, brown eyes and fair skin. She was already dressed and grabbing her books.

"Morning Susan." or, Susan Bones. A second year that had been the only Hufflepuff without a roommate so she offered Ginny a place in her room. The two had become fast friends and Ginny thought that so far she was carrying out her mission well.

That and, she truly did like being in Hufflepuff. Though she sometimes wished she were in Slytherin, but only sometimes.

Susan's grandmother was a judge for the ministry and neutral, but Susan herself had been light, that is until Ginny started talking to her. Now the girl was leaning more toward the dark.

"See you at the table." smiled Susan and Ginny waved as the girl left.

Ginny grabbed a new blouse, white in color, along with a new black skirt, white stockings and black flats. She got dressed quickly, pulling on her robes and glancing at her reflection in the mirror.

There was something missing...

"Oh!" she remarked and looked through her trunk, sifting through her clothes to finally find a yellow hair band with sparkles. She positioned it in her hair carefully then smiled at her reflection and grabbed her books, her wand on the holster on her hip.

She left the room next, passing the other dorms on her way down to the common room.

The Hufflepuff common room was decorated in pale yellow and brown, the ceiling overhead made completely of glass, letting sunlight shine through, illuminating the room. In the corners of the room, plants of all kinds grew, stretching and climbing up the stones walls.

There was a fireplace at the end wall and around it plush chairs which were occupied by a few fourth years. Including, Cedric Diggory. At seeing Ginny, the handsome puff perked up, standing from his seat and approaching her.

"Good morning Ginny. If you don't mind, I'd like to walk you to the Great Hall." he said with a charming smile and Ginny remembered what Padma said.

Be nice but not too nice. Make him chase you.

"Thank you Cedric but I'm already going with two of my Slytherin friends." she smiled and Cedric pouted just slightly, his eyes big. "Awe come on, I'm sure they won't mind. Please?" he said, holding out an arm and Ginny pretended to sigh reluctantly, as if he were hassling her.

"Alright, but don't blame me if they look at you funny. I mean, don't you have other, older friends?" she remarked and he rolled his eyes as she looped her arm with his, letting him lead her to the portrait that hid their common room.

"Yes but there's nothing wrong with being friends with a first year. Besides, you're not like some of the other first years. I like your company." he said with a grin and she found herself blushing. Though this was supposed to be a mission for Hadrian, she found that it was hard not to actually like Cedric Diggory.

She supposed that was even better because then after the mission was done, she'd have everything she wanted. A nice, pureblood husband, the blood traitor status removed and she would no longer be poor. Pair that with her Hufflepuff and Slytherin friends and everything seemed to be going right for Ginny.

Now she just had to figure out a way to distance herself from her parents. Because now that she had begun to see everything Hadrian's way, she saw that he was right. About her family and Dumbledore, everything.