The Tides Turn

The Tides Turn

Of all Tom's Death Eaters, Lucius Malfoy and Severus Snape were the most careful.

Besides Tadeus himself, the two usually got things done quickly and discretely at the request of the Dark Lord. However that very day would be one no one forgot.

The Lord of the most Ancient And Noble House of Malfoy had been finishing up several different important documents for Tom and had just stood to take a break.

The ministry was quiet that day, the governors off celebrating the fact that the rest of the wizarding world seemed to be pleased by the recent turn in their government. Never had magic been so free before. Some were even saying they wanted Michael Crumbley as minister which, Lucius knew would not happen.

He would put Lucius in charge and he, would become the new Headmaster of Hogwarts. No matter what people could say about the Dark Lord, they could not deny his vast knowledge and Tom himself loved teaching. That's all he ever wanted besides free magic and equality for Dark wizards and creatures.

He was a teacher at heart.

Which Lucius found amusing because at times, Tom was extremely impatient. He hated ignorance and stupidity with a passion..perhaps that is why he was so bent on saving the children from the likes of Albus Dumbledore.

Lucius yawned and stretched, smiling with the thought of what Narcissa had told him days before.

She was pregnant.

At first, they wanted to wait till after the incoming war, but after some thought and knowing that the Dark would win this century, they had not wanted to wait longer. Of course they were always affectionate with one another. And they had wanted to give Draco a brother for a long time, but the time never seemed right before.

Lucius had to admit he was excited and nervous all over again.

Of course he raised Draco and even Hadrian to an extent so he was no stranger to raising children but those anxieties would never truly disappear. He didn't want the child hurt, or spoiled or to feel like a second option. But he also wouldn't neglect Draco.

He would be learning all over again and it made his heart jump.

His beautiful wife would be giving them another amazing child. He knew it'd most likely be a boy however since, the Malfoys could only produce sons.

Now Hadrian, Draco and Tom would be a different story and Lucius was curious on whether or not they'd have a boy or girl. Either way, those children would be powerful.

Lucius' lips turned in a small smile and he left his office at the ministry, closing the door and nodding toward a passing official on his way down the pristine corridor.

"Excuse me, Lord Malfoy?" came a voice and the elder blonde turned, his grey eyes meeting the warm brown of a woman he had never seen before. She was smiling and he raised a brow as she bowed to him slightly.

"Yes? Do you need something?" he asked carefully and she shook her head. "I do not, no. But Moody is looking for you. I believe you may catch him still in his office until he goes back to Hogwarts later this afternoon." she explained, Lucius sighing at her words.

He checked his rolex once then nodded.

"Alright. Excuse me." he replied as he passed her, his strides long and purposeful.

If there was one wizard he hated more than Dumbledore, it was Alastor Moody.

He avoided the man like the plague. They hardly ever spoke unless necessary and even then, Lucius had to hold back from ripping that man apart. He knew Tom wanted to do it, but his heart still ached for revenge every time he saw Moody.