Prologue: Beyond Repair

Vale

Beacon academy

9:21 pm

The night was young but it was already coming to an end for me. I lay covered in blood, broken and unmoving.... near death. My aura was shattered and I was covered in bullet holes, stab wounds, slashes and burns. Pained gasps escaped my lips despite my best efforts to hold them. I knew the end was near.... I knew I had failed.

I tilt my head to the side and see two women; one with beautiful red hair tied back in a pony tail, kneeling in pained defeat, and the other confidently striding forward with flowing black hair. I knew these women, but I couldn't quite remember. The loss of blood clouding my mind. My vision Blurred making it difficult to fully see the sight before me, My hearing beginning to leave me, the blood loss taking its toll.

I shifted oh so slightly, the pain making it impossible to do much else other than squirm. My arm brushed against something, and upon closer examination, I realized it was my mask. Busted beyond repair. I don't know how long I stared at the remains of the mask, but my hearing returned if only a little, causing me to focus on the two women. The black haired woman was on one knee before the red head. I couldn't quite catch everything she said, but I heard the red head clear as day, as if she was speaking into my ear.

???: ....Do you believe in destiny?

The black haired woman narrowed her eyes, a scowl becoming more present on her face; unamused at the question.

???: Yes.

She then stood up gracefully, further asserting her dominance as if the two combatants before her being so utterly broken and defeated wasn't enough. The black haired girl then materialized a bow and arrow and readied a shot. The arrow aimed directly at the red heads heart. My breath hitched in my throat, my eyes widened as my vision and hearing came back tenfold. The pain suddenly gone, my mind clear.

Y/N: *Pained Grunts* No.... Pyyrah....

I then watched as the black haired woman loosed the arrow into the poor girls heart.... yet another friend I've failed to protect. Pyyrah was gasping for air as she clutched her chest, staring wide eyed at her killer. She knew this was a possibility when she started this fight, but that clearly didn't soften the shock of it coming to fruition. The black haired bitch then advanced on the dying girl and as Pyyrah fell forward, the bitch caught her by the cheek. It looked almost as if she was gently caressing a lover. Pyyrah then drew her last breathe and began to glow from the point of contact between the two women. And as quickly as the glow began, it ended as Pyyrah faded away leaving behind her bronze colored circlet....

???: NNOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

And in a flash of light, my clear mind faded as I began to remember how I got here. The events that transpired to bring me to this moment. The love, the hate, the rage, the pain... All of it. My final thoughts are about how I became....

The Red Hood