Chapter 79: Recovery

Beacon

9:21 PM

The Fall is Here

Y/n Pov

I faded in and out of consciousness, going back and forth between past and present. Dying supposedly made your life flash before your eyes, but the first time I died, it never happened. Maybe I just didn't have anything worth remembering back then. Or maybe my mind is so poisoned against me at this point that it really was taunting me. It didn't really matter at this point anyway....

Penny was dead. Junior was dead. Melania was dead. Pyrrha was dead, and soon I would be added to that list. I haven't heard anything from Neo or Torchwick so I assume they're gone too. My vision faded in and I lifted my head for a second and I saw the Wyvern standing above me. That was not a great thing to be looking up at. It growled lowly, before I heard a groan.

I couldn't really move around to see but I didn't need to wonder who it was. Cinder stood up, looking like she had been through hell. It was only now that I made the connection between her and the vision. She was the one who does me in. I laid my head back down, just waiting for the inevitable ending to this story. I barely recognized Cinders voice when she spoke. It was raspy, as if her vocal cords were damaged somehow. 

Cinder: Y-you.... And your family.... A-always getting in the way....

Y/n: What can I say...? We- *Groans*  -Love to be a pain in the ass....

Cinder: I will.... Admit.... You were more trouble than.... I ever.... Thought you would be....

Y/n: High praise.... Coming from you, Bitch....

Cinder: *Chuckles* Still fighting after all this.... Maybe after I'm done with you, I'll move on to your sister. 

I lifted my head back up and saw CInder completely. Her arm was gone and her clothes in tatters. I wondered what happened to have done this to her but quickly lost interest when she leaned down to pick something up, giving me a clear view behind her. Ruby was laying unconscious on the ground. I looked to my left and saw Black, well out of reach. When I looked back at Cinder, I found the matching pistol. 

Cinder: Your lucky I don't have time to *Pained Grunt* make the rest of your short, miserable life even worse. I've always hated firearms,- *Pained Whimper* -but it's fitting that you'll be killed with your own gun.

I stared Cinder in the eyes, knowing what was coming. 

Y/n: The... Story.... Only ever.... Had one ending....

I closed my eyes and waited for the lights to go out, hoping that Ruby got up before it was her turn....

....

....

....

*Bang*

*ROOOOOAAAAR*

My eyes snapped open when I saw heard the Wyvern roar. 

Qrow: GET AWAY FROM HIM!

Qrow was throwing everything at Cinder while Cinder desperately backed up. The Wyvern tried to slap Qrow with its wing but Qrow easily went over it, slashing it in the face with his weapon in scythe form. I looked to the left and at Black. I knew I had to try. Painfully, I turned myself over and crawled for the gun. I half expected for Cinder to see me and put one in the back of my head before I made it. Regardless, I pulled myself forward.