Chapter 28: Lifeline

Vale

11:34 PM

317 Days To The Fall

3rd Person Pov

Barely two hours after the events at the docks, Ozpin was awaiting results of the blood analysis of the Red Hood. The man had always struck Ozpin as a intelligent and methodical man. That being the case, the instant he received the blood, he put in a priority request which was approved immediately. The man was a killer, though with good intentions. Good intentions that Ozpin wanted to understand. What could have driven this man to be this ruthless. 

Goodwitch: Sir, Professor Peach says that the test will be completed shortly.

Ozpin: That was faster than I expected. 

Goodwitch: She was excited to get to work on something Huntsman related rather than teaching. 

Ozpin: That's understandable. She has been teaching for a few years now. As lovely as it is to see the children grow, it does get a tad.... Menial from time to time.

Goodwitch: I find that teaching is rewarding on its own.

Ozpin: Your not the one handling all the bureaucracy and paperwork.

Goodwitch and Ozpin shared a small laugh. It didn't change the concern that they felt regarding Ruby and Blake's claim that Ruby and Red Hood shared a semblance. There was only one person who was known to be able to petal burst and that was Summer Rose. Ruby inherited the semblance and Y/n never unlocked his to their knowledge. Yang was always vague and evasive when it came to speaking of anything before Y/ns death. 

The question was impossible to answer without the sample they had received and even then, who could it possibly be? Summer Rose was a only child and all of her family before her were deceased. Semblances also were not hereditary, at least not normally. There were some that were, such as the Schnee's summoning. 

Alas, there was no obvious answer. No single clue that could point them to the identity of the Red Hood. There was only the blood sample. The only chance that they had at discovering who the vigilante truly is. A discovery that they were nowhere near ready for. 

Ruby and the rest of her team were sitting in the med-bay. Any time that a student returned from a fight of any kind, be it human, faunas or Grimm, they were to be medically screened for any injuries no matter how small. It was a way to ensure the health of the students. Ruby didn't mind the checkup because her mind was still on the incident at the dock yard. 

Yang: You ok there Rubes?

Weiss: Yeah, your not looking too well. 

Ruby: I-I'm fine guys. Blake is the one that we should be worried about.

Blake: I told you guys I'm ok! He only threw me into Penny. Nothing more happened.

The group sat in silence for a moment, pondering the nights events. Ruby and Yang were confused at what Ruby and Blake had seen. Weiss was nervous for Y/n because she had seen his blood on the sword. She hoped that he was taking care of himself but was also terrified, knowing that it was only a matter of time before he was discovered. The worst part for her was knowing that there was nothing that she could do to help him. 

Blake was depressed that she couldn't prove the White Fang were innocent in the Dust robberies but was also happy that the team had made up. The whole ordeal was caused by a disagreement that Blake felt shouldn't have even gotten to that point. Though, Blake also felt a tinge of concern for Ruby and Yang as well as curiosity for who the Red Hood is. Blake was the one that proposed they expressly ask professor Ozpin for the blood analysis, knowing that it was going to be done anyway. There was no harm in showing that they were just as interested in the results as the rest of the Huntsmen.