Chapter 36: Fix Me

Beacon

1:01 AM

263 Days to the Fall

Y/n Pov

I was awakened by the bullhead landing, which was not pleasant. Both Ruby and Yang bolted upright at the jolt. The two looked around before both settling their eyes on me, realizing where they were. I stood up and placed my mask on just in case there were any students that were breaking curfew. I didn't know what would be worse. The new student getting caught coming back from a "unsanctioned mission" before his first day or the Red Hood showing up at one in the morning. 

I stood the chair up and saw that the assassin was now awake, though still dazed. That was good, I guess. I started to drag the chair out of the bullhead before the assassin was lifted into a purple bubble. I didn't bother to even question why Goodwitch was waiting on us. Hell, for all I knew, it could be standard operating procedure for them. 

I stepped out of the bullhead and just walked straight past Goodwitch without acknowledging her. Team RWBY was shocked that not only did I do it, but what I said as I passed.

Y/n: Don't make me regret handing her over to you because I can easily fix that. 

Goodwitch started to say something but I didn't care enough to listen. Team RWBY followed after me shocked that I got away with that. I kept walking with no regard for anything else, just ready to get done with this. As we made it to the administration building, I took off my mask and walked to the elevator. 

Yang: So are we just going to ignore that Y/n sassed Miss Goodwitch and got away with it?

Y/n: No, because I didn't get away with it. There's going to be hell to pay after what I told her earlier and now. I just don't give a damn at the moment. 

Ruby: What did you tell her earlier?

Y/n: Essentially to fuck off.

Ruby: ...Swear.

Y/n: Don't start.

The elevator arrived and we entered. I started to prepare myself for Ozpin. I wasn't going to slip like I did before. There was enough room in the elevator for everyone to have a good bit of space but I found that Weiss has been steadily scooting closer to me as the elevator ascended. 

It was only then did I notice that I was actually scooting closer to her as well. I discreetly looked to see Yang trying and failing not to laugh at us. I was about to say something to try and break the tension since mentally preparing for Ozpin went out the window with Weiss getting closer. The elevator dinged, signaling our arrival and the doors opened, effectively ending the tension. 

We walked out to see Ozpin, as usual, sat at his desk. He looked almost amused at the current circumstances. To be fair, letting one of my targets live AND handing them over to Huntsman custody, that was new. There have been instances where I would give them information and let them pick up my mark but those cases were for either the ones that were big, like anything to do with the White Fang, or a case like the Winchesters.