Chapter 55: Between Wants And Needs

Beacon

8:00 PM

140 Days to the Fall

Y/n Pov

The night of the dance was here. I will be the first to admit that this was well out of my comfort zone. I had never been to anything like this before. Nervousness was creeping up on me. Simple concerns became huge problems. Was the suit and tie enough? Should I dress up more? Would Weiss like it? It was pretty simple worries compared to normal ones, but they felt just as important.

This was something that I would ask Weiss about since this is something she's used to but according to Yang, she cant see me nor can I see her until we get there. Something about making it more of a special evening. It being Weiss' birthday, I absolutely wanted to make sure that it was the best it could possibly be. We haven't gotten too much time together as of late with the prep work for the dance.

Of course there was also the end of the dance.... That was something I was looking forward to.... Since we agreed to wait, it's been constantly in the back of my mind. The excitement making it hard to concentrate on anything else. It also didn't help that we had agreed to wait after things started getting heated....

Yang: Y/n, you look great! Weiss is going to love it.

Y/n: Does it though? It's uncomfortable and restrictive....

Yang: It's a suit, Y/n.... A suit that you ran to the store last minute for because you were scared of disappointing Weiss.... Of course it's not going to be a perfect fit.

Y/n: Yeah but-

Yang: Y/n! You look fine. Not as fine as me but meh~

Y/n: Mhm... Lone-

Yang: Say it and your going to be limping into that ballroom!

I laughed at Yang and she picked up my shoe and threw it at me. I caught it and sat on the bed next to her. I'll be honest, I didn't think Yang would go for a white dress. Yellow was always her color for obvious reasons. It was strange to see her wearing something other than bright yellow. I got my shoes on and stood up looking myself over in the mirror.

Yang: See! You look fine.

Y/n: I... Guess...

Yang: Y/n... She's gonna love it.

Weiss Pov

Same time

Ruby: Weiss... He's going to love it!

Weiss: But what if he doesn't!? It's too late to change into another one!

Ruby: I doubt that there's anything you could wear that he wouldn't like....

I sat in front of the mirror examining everything about my dress. I've looked over it at least a dozen times and I'm still not sure if there's something wrong with the dress or if I'm just overthinking. I've been to plenty of balls and dances but this is the first one that I'm nervous for. Y/n can't be having a hard of a time as I am, can he? I shook my head and sighed. It doesn't matter if there's anything wrong with the dress anyway. It's too late to change.

Ruby: You know, I heard from Yang that Y/n ran to one of the tuxedo stores this morning because he didn't want to disappoint you.

Weiss: Really?

Ruby: Yeah! I'm sure he got something you'll like, just like I'm sure that dress is something he'll like.

Weiss: I.... Guess your right....

The Wilted RoseOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara