Chapter 38: Should've Known Better

Beacon

11:41 AM

263 Days to the Fall

Y/n Pov

Beacon was starting to come into view. I was exhausted after all of this. I needed to get back to how I was before the bombing. Normally I would have done all of that and been ready for more. Not only that, I still need to get back to cleaning up Vale. From what I've seen, crimes gone back up since I was down. Need to fix that soon. At least there hasn't been a peep about Walker or the White Fang.

I arrived at the cliff. All I had to do was climb up and I was done. The climb up was painstakingly slow. The sheer face was difficult to navigate. I climbed for thirty minutes before I finally reached the top. Ozpin and Goodwitch were still standing there. Ozpin looking rather happy while Goodwitch impressed. Both also concerned because of my condition. I wasn't hurt but I wasn't going to be doing anything else today, that's for sure.

Ozpin: Quite impressive, Mister Rose.... Would you like some help?

Y/n: No, I'm good. Just gonna lay here for a few minutes and I'll be as good as new. 

I wasn't being dramatic, I started to let the lazarus energy start to do its thing. The green smoke cascading over me and amplifying my aura. The wound on my chest closing rapidly and my muscles starting to sooth. I got up ready to go after only three minutes.

Goodwitch: That was amazing....

Ozpin: That is another thing I would like to ask you about once we're done with the initiation. 

Y/n: Whatever. Here's your artifact by the way. 

I took out the bullet casing and tossed it to Ozpin. He barely looked at it before pocketing it. I took that as him accepting it, meaning that I passed. I cant say that I wasn't a little pleased with myself for passing, but I was still on the fence as to whether this was a mistake or not. 

Ozpin: Come along. We must finish with the formalities. 

I sighed and just accepted that I was about to be paraded in front of the entire school. The walk to the auditorium was quick. Students were still filing into the building when we arrived. Circling around the building, we entered through the rear door. 

I was starting to get fidgety, so I started to tune everything out. I needed a second to myself before it was time to go on stage and finish this farce. After my fight with the King Taijitu, I'm realizing that I not only need to get back in shape, but to study up on Grimm. It's been a while since I've even sat down and read a book. It's been nonstop dossiers and reports from Junior and Torchwick. Maybe that's something that I can take advantage of while I'm here. 

There's also that matter of going out at night. How am I going to sneak in and out? There's a curfew so the students shouldn't be out but when has that ever stopped them. Their adult sized kids, you tell them they cant do something and their going to do it regardless. I'm the same age as them so I would know. I guess the only thing I can do is to just wing it until I can come up with something viable.