Chapter 51: I Hate When I'm Right....

Vale

7:30 PM

145 Days to the Fall

Red Hood Pov

I walked down the alley, only a block away from the building. I texted Blake, checking on where she and Sun were. Turns out I had been so slow that they beat me there. That was embarrassing, but there's nothing that can be done about that. I peeked out of the alley, checking for anyone who would see me. Seeing no one, I ran to the other side of the road and down the adjacent alley. I slowed down and walked around the corner of the alley, seeing Blake and Sun peaking out from behind a wall. I continued down the alley, making myself known to them.

Red Hood: *Whisper* Boo!

Sun jumped and almost screamed but he caught himself. Neither of them thought it was funny but that just means their sense of humor sucks. I poked my head out from behind the wall where Blake was looking before. If the guy in the White Fang mask didn't make it apparent what was happening here, there was also a sign on the wall. Three white "claw marks" signifying who's territory this was. 

Red Hood: Looks like this was the place after all. 

Blake: Don't trust your contact?

Red Hood: No, I trust him, but he has given me bad info before so I take what he gives me with a grain of salt. 

Sun: So who's is this mysterious contact?

Red Hood: You wouldn't believe me if I told you.

Blake and Sun looked at each other before Sun shrugged and leaned back around the wall. The guard was was wearing a mask and sitting there, greeting people as they went in. He didn't look armed but that was probably so that he didn't draw too much attention on scare people away. He probably had a pistol or a knife at the least. Sun and I retreated back behind the wall. 

Sun: I don't get it. If you believe what your doing is right, why hide who you are?

Blake: The masks are a symbol. Humanity wanted to make monsters out of us, so we chose to don the faces of monsters.

Sun: Grimm masks.... That's kinda dark.

Blake: So was the guy who started it....

Sun: What about you, Y/n? Why do you wear a mask?

Red Hood: First, Red Hood. Don't use my name when I'm wearing the mask. Second, Plenty of reasons. Anonymity, mainly. Huntsmen and police don't like that I make them look inept so that puts a target on my back. It doesn't help that I don't concern myself with legal bullshit. 

Blake: So there's more to why you wear the mask?

Red Hood: Its a symbol, convenient, Intimidating, and just plain cool looking. I can go on for all the reasons I wear the mask, but we don't have time for all of that. 

Blake: You're right, we got to move.

Sun: *Sigh* Always sunshine and rainbows with you two....

Red Hood: Wait, before you go...

I called Blakes scroll and put connected my earpiece to the scroll. I wouldn't be able to get in, but at least I would be able to hear what was happening. Blake and Sun realized why I called and both nodded before going into the building. I took out my grapple and got up to the roof. With any luck, there would be a skylight or something I could use. 

Unfortunately, There wasn't one so I was blind as to what was happening inside. That made me all the happier that I had the foresight to call Blake so I could hear. I set my bag down and started to assemble the Javelin. Hopefully I wouldn't need it but I already knew that hoping was a waste of time.