Chapter 19: Too Far Gone (Vol.0 Finale)

Mantle

9:14 AM

3 Years To The Fall

Y/n pov

I jolted awake from my troubled sleep. Visions of everything playing on repeat time and time again. All I could see was death as I closed my eyes. It was made ten times worse seeing Roys final moments again. Nausea hit me like a freight train. I jumped from the bed and rushed to the bathroom. The bile choked me as it all came up. It only just hitting me what exactly happened the night prior. 

Once the heaving stopped, I fell back against the shower door. Tears falling down my face. Now that it was quiet, I had time to process what happened. Roy WAS dead. The assassination of the Schnee family thwarted, not that they were truly trying. If they were, things would have been a lot harder. Black Mask and his thugs were dead and dying. Weiss was safe...

Then there's me...

What do I do now? Is it even worth it. My eyes find my equipment, specifically my pistols. What if I just.... ended it? All I seem capable of is bringing death. It would be better if I just ceased to be. I stood up and made my way to them. The cool steel of the slide sending a shiver down my spine as I run my fingers over White. I was just about to give in and go through with it when I thought of Weiss. 

'Why would she care anymore? You've killed in front of her. You've shown her that you are a monster. Anything that could be or could have been is gone now. That died with Roy. All that remains is that unresolved pain and anger.'

I shook my head and took my hand away from White. Pain and anger... That was very apt description of what I felt. Something that I started to feed on... The anger I felt toward Huntsmen, the anger I felt toward people who prey on others who cant defend themselves, the anger of what I was forced to become.... I let out a heavy sigh and got dressed. My gear hidden in a duffle bag that I had "Obtained" from the clothing store. 

As I finished getting dressed, I glanced in the mirror. On my face just below my left eye was a deep scar. I remembered that Weiss had said that I had one when she dreamed of me. Yet another strange thing to come from all of this....

Not long after I left out on the motorcycle. It belonged to one of the gangsters I killed the other night. Sat there bragging about it in that lot to a few of his friends. Slacking on the job kills apparently.... I rode through the streets of Mantle. For the most part, the situation was under control. Not so much on the other side of the city. 

I wanted to go and make sure that there wasn't a single one of those bastards still breathing, but this might be my only chance to escape without issue. I was done in Atlas. The League would be a issue later down the line. For now though, much like them, I needed to bide my time and study them. They were working for "Mistress", whoever the fuck that was. Didn't matter, she'd go down just like the rest of them.

As I rode, I passed by a familiar shop... I was screaming at myself internally to just keep going. That there was nothing there. Then I caught sight of a pair of women in white. I stopped the bike and got off. I knew this was a bad idea, but I was going to do it anyway. 

I walked into the shop slowly and ordered my cake. The same I've gotten every other time I had been here. I then took a glance behind me. Weiss hadn't noticed me, but Winter had. We made eye contact for a moment before I looked down and sighed. I got my plate and hesitantly walked over to the booth.