Chapter 41: Back In School

Vale

7:27 AM

262 Days to the Fall

Y/n Pov

Returning to my room was a challenge. Students were starting to file out to class and I was going to have to figure out a way to sneak past the crowd. The students trudging along slowly, clearly unhappy that it's only Wednesday. Juniors information was at the forefront of my mind. Walker had left Vale, hence why the White Fang had been so quiet. Adam Taurus and Walker went back to Menagerie for some unknown reason. The interesting thing that Junior found was that Walker had stolen a shipment of Atlas tech, weapons and Dust that was coming in by sea.

It was easy to guess that Cinder got the Dust and presumably a decent amount of the Atlas tech, but the weapons went straight to the White Fang. That was a problem for several reasons. The most obvious being that their going to be toting around military grade hardware instead of hand me down AK's. The next bit of information was the crew of the ship. Most of them were killed but there were some that were taken prisoner. Junior was going to keep looking into that while I would get Ozpins help to find them. 

Last but certainly not least was that Walker was getting more funding, courtesy of Taurus. It didn't take a genius to figure out that Walker is being used as a distraction now. The question is for what? All in all, I'm still in the dark about what's going down and Torchwick hasn't been able to help too much on that front. Neo wanted to try and spy on them but we all agreed that if she was caught, it would do more harm than good. 

This was a classic case of hurry up and wait. There was nothing I could really do except cause trouble for the White Fang but in the grand scheme of things, that's not going to get much done. I needed to make a decisive blow to the White Fang if I wanted to get the results I was looking for. For now, the best thing I could do is to step away from the White Fang and Walker. Besides, the street thugs have been emboldened by my absence. They need to be reminded that I'm still here.

I'll be cutting it close, but I might be able to get in and ready for class before I'm late. Making it up to my window I peaked in and saw that the room was empty. I checked the window sill and saw that the tape was still intact. Opening the window, I crawled through and closed it behind me. I barely had time to take off my mask when I heard a knock on my door. 

Ruby: Y/n, are you up?! It's time to head to class!

Y/n: Yeah, I'm up! I'm still getting dressed so don't come in! 

I hurried up and stripped, shoving my gear under the bed as far as I could. They didn't need to know that I snuck out. I quickly got my uniform shirt and jacket, opting to leave the jacket open and the tie behind. I took one last look around the room to make sure that nothing was left out in the open before turning to leave. I was about to open the door when I decided to bring my knife with me. Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it. Besides, it's not like anyone is going to know I have it on me. 

Quickly stashing my knife away, I went back to the door and quickly checked the tape. seeing that it was untouched, I opened the door. The girls were standing there waiting for me. Weiss was the first one I laid eyes on. Gotta say, she looks good in the uniform. I had to pry my eyes off of her so I wouldn't stare. I wasn't exactly being subtle there but thankfully, the only reaction I got from that was Yang trying not to laugh. Weiss blushed a little and looked away in a huff. I couldn't help but to laugh a little.