Chapter 26: Calm...

Vale

4:30 PM

320 Days to the Fall

Y/n Pov

Reporter: -And in other news, a massive group of individuals arrived on the Beacon academy campus late last night. The group consisted of both Human and Faunas of all ages. All involved were alleging that the Winchester family had kept them captive and tortured them relentlessly. A immediate response to the allegations revealed a secret room with tools that were contusive to the injuries the group had. Upon further questioning, the group revealed that they were rescued by the Red Hood. William Winchester and Valeria Winchester have both been taken into custody, their son, Cardin Winchester, has been detained for questioning with charges still pending...

I sipped on my coffee as I watched the news in the café that I've taken to frequenting as of late. What can I say, the service, and the coffee, is good here. I was happy with myself. I didn't fail this time. Victor and his group made it to Beacon and brought attention to the Winchesters. The police were scrambling to cover up their wrong doings. Give it a few more days and I'd have more than enough to clean out the higher ups from the station thanks to the wire tap. Maybe we can get people who actually care to do the right thing this time.

Waitress: Would you like another coffee, Sir?

Y/n: Yes please.

The waitress left and I finished off my cup. They were starting to recognize me in here since I've been coming so often. I turned back to the news to see Ozpin addressing the incident. He's a fool, but credit where its due, he does steer Huntsmen in the right direction. Too bad not all Huntsmen are interested in doing right....

Tai had been on my mind much more recently. It was close to the anniversary of my "Death". The unpleasant memories were invading my mind in even the most peaceful of times. I shook off the memories as best as I could and looked to the door. On their way in was Jaune and Pyrrha. Jaune was looking much happier then the last time I had seen him. I was glad he was doing better, he may be a Huntsman but he did nothing wrong.

Entering the café as I was getting my new cup of coffee, their eyes immediately landed on me. Jaune's face lit up and Pyrrha smiled and waved. I waved them over and asked the waitress to hold for a second. The two walked up and I gestured to the chairs opposite of me. The two ordered before turning their attention back to me.

Pyrrha: Hello!

Jaune: It's nice to see you again, Y/n.

Y/n: I see your doing better, Jaune.

Jaune: Yeah... After what was found out about Cardins family, he was placed on house arrest by professor Ozpin.

Pyrrha: Even if he is cleared, I doubt he will stay at Beacon.

Y/n: Why do you say that?

Pyrrha: Cardin is a bully and now his family was exposed as murderers. Cardin will have that stigma on him for the rest of his life. Even if he does become a Huntsman, it wont just go away.

Y/n: That is true. But that's his problem, not yours. The way I see it, they're all getting what they deserve.

I took a sip of my coffee as Jaune and Pyrrha got their orders. I wondered if what I said was a little to harsh. I meant it, but I didn't need to be advertising it like that. Jaune and Pyrrha thankfully didn't seem to think too much about what I said. I thought back to our first meeting and decided to bring up Jaune's training.