Chapter 40: Closeness

Beacon

4:30 AM

262 Days to the Fall

Y/n Pov

*BEEP* *BEEP* *BEEP* *BE-* *CRASH*

I was awakened by the shrill sound of my alarm clock going off. The sound made my head feel like it was going to explode. I sat up swiftly, grabbed the alarm, and threw it against the wall. The infernal thing smashed to pieces before I leaned back in the bed while regretting every life choice I've ever made.

Y/n: Urgh, my head is killing me.... What the fuck, man....?

Now, your probably wondering how I ended up in such a state. Honestly, I'm not to sure myself. I dug through what little I remembered and started putting the pieces together. Now, if I recall correctly, I made a mistake involving alcohol. Lets start back at the beginning....

Flashback

7:00 PM

The night before

I walked to the dorms and over to team Rwby's room. I knocked on the door and then remembered a very important detail.... I never got cookies for Ruby.... I sat there a little worried since Ruby looked a little down when Yang pulled me away for the bike. Those worries were dispelled by the door opening and Ruby yanking me in. I nearly fell over from how sudden it was but managed to stay on my feet.

Y/n: Well, someone's excited.

Ruby: Yes, because you ran off with Yang! We even baked a cake....

Weiss: ....She almost burned the kitchen down....

Ruby: It wasn't that bad....

Blake: It took you four attempts to make a edible cake.

Ruby: They were all edible, I just wanted it to be perfect.

Yang: Jaune is still in the infirmary.

Ruby: His sacrifice in the name of baking shall not be forgotten....

....Note to self, don't eat the cake.... Meh, it's the thought that counts. Ruby and the rest of the team got along rather well. I would have figured that Yang would have had more of a issue interacting with others, especially after how she initially reacted to discovering me being alive. I noticed Blake kind of kept to herself but was still actively participating. I wasn't too keen on Blake being around given her history, but I get the sense that the feeling is mutual. Who knows, maybe we'll surprise each other. I'm not holding my breath though.

I looked around their room and the first thing that came to my attention was the beds.... What the fuck even was the thought process behind that? Of everything I've seen, this has to be the dumbest thing I've seen by far. Weiss noticed what I was looking at and quickly exposed who's brilliant idea it was to do this.