Chapter 69: Nightmare

Vale

9:13 PM

21 Hours to the Fall

Red Hood Pov

The ride to Vale was marred with the growing concern that I was going to get jumped by Atlas again. It was bound to happen and the fact that it hasn't yet was concerning. What the hell was happening for them to not bother? Vale was still on the deserted side. I guess people still haven't gotten back from the colosseum. 

It was eerily quiet with no one around. It was good because there was no traffic or civilians traveling on foot. Juniors club was going to have just about everyone who hasn't gone to see the fights. It also meant that most of Atlas was going to be hanging around the police station, which is on the opposite side of the district. 

I pulled up just outside of the club. I got off and my head throbbed. This was one that was a warning. I waited for a second but nothing came of it. With that, I started to have a bad feeling about this. I walked through the front door with my hands on Black and White. My heart dropped when I saw the bodies on the floor. I pulled my pistols and rushed in. The first thing I did was hop the bar. If whoever did this is still here, I didn't want them to get the drop on me. 

I landed and looked up only to have my heart shatter. Junior was laying there motionless. I inched over to him, fearful of what I was going to see. I moved past him and was horrified to see a broad smile plastered on his face. Everything I've seen had nothing on this. I started at him for a second, just trying to comprehend what could have done this before forcing myself to look away. 

I had to force what I felt deep. I couldn't allow myself to think about it right now. I peeked up form the counter and didn't see any movement. I moved past Junior, having a hard time keeping my mind off of it. I stayed low as I made it to the back. I peaked out and saw some Faunas men wearing gasmasks that had White Fang markings but with slightly altered colors. Instead of the typical white and red, it was a strange green and red mix that looked almost clown like. 

My mind immediately flicked back to the strange clown man from the vision. Deductive reasoning dictates that he's probably here. I listened as best as I could to what they were saying. Anything I could get from them would be useful. 

White Fang 1: ....Found the mute yet?

White Fang 2: No. The clown has been up in arms that we haven't found her yet. 

White Fang 1: Maybe he should get off his ass and help us instead of cracking bad jokes....

White Fang 2: Don't let him hear you say that. The last guy who insulted him was beaten dead with a crowbar....

White Fang 1: What? He thinks he's the Hood now?

So at least Neo was safe for now, but what about Miltia and Melania? I didn't see them on the dance floor or at the bar. All I can do is hope that I find them before these assholes do. Either way, I wasn't going to get anything else out of these guys apparently. At least I know that their boss is here. I was angry and hurt seeing Junior like that so I think it's time I hurt these guys back.

I moved from around the corner and shot the two before they realized that I was there. A door burst open from behind me and I turned, seeing a single White Fang out in the open. I brought my pistol up and shot him right as he called me out on the radio. On que, they were coming out to play.