Chapter 37: A Silver Bullet

Beacon

7:30 AM

263 Days to the Fall

Y/n Pov

Three hours of sleep.... This is going to be interesting. I barely slept to begin with but seeing that I'm only just getting up from my injuries and I'm sore after last nights events, the initiation is going to be hell. Not only that, I had gotten up for five so I could get on the first bullhead out. Needed to pick up some things. 

Everything from basic toiletries to items that I'll need moving forward. The first of the stops was a outdoorsman store so I could get some survival equipment. If I cant use my everyday equipment, then I needed a backup. After getting everything I would need, I got something I wanted. With everything that's happened, and in so short of a time, I needed cigarettes'. I'm sure there's going to be some kind of problem that'll come up later about me having them but I'll deal with it then.

The next stop after my survival gear was the toiletries. I had some in my dorm room, but I'm not using anything that is coming from Ozpin. Call me petty, but I don't trust him enough. I can think of several reasons not to use any of it just off the top of my head, anyway. Ozpin is sneaky, so I half expect that there's something tampered. I wanted things that I know are clean. 

Last but certainly not least, I went back to my warehouse. The only reason why I went is because of my bike. I put a lot of work into it and I'll be damned if I don't get it back. I doubt it's still there, considering the warehouse is technically a crime scene, but there's no harm in checking. Arriving there, I saw that I was wrong. 

It was still there, like most of everything else. If I believed in miracles, I'd be saying this was one. More than likely was that someone pulled some strings to keep it untouched. It was damaged from the explosion, unfortunately so I'd have to come back and get it later. For now, I needed to get back to Beacon and prepare. 

That brings me to now. I was wearing a wearing casual clothes that didn't restrict my movements and equipped with one of my pistols and my combat knife. Very light loadout but as I said before, I couldn't do this armed to the teeth unless I wanted to out myself. I didn't even have my grapple gun. 

To make up for that, I had a normal rope that I put a hook on. Should help me to climb should I need it but other than that, I don't know what else to use it for. Hopefully it wont be for strangling a Grimm. If I'm at that point then I'm in some serious shit....

I also got a small first-aid kit. I needed to avoid using my semblance or the lazarus energy. Finally, I had pipe bombs. Crude but it would do the job. All in all, I was dreadfully under equipped for what I was about to do. The chances of me walking out without injury was nil to slim at best but this was the hand I was dealt and sometimes you got to play a losing hand....

I was sitting alone at the Beacon cliffs overlooking the Emerald forest. Since this was where everyone else had their initiation, I figured that it was a safe assumption that this is where I needed to be. Especially since there were these odd metal platforms on the ground. I was about to start investigating them but Ozpin and Goodwitch arrived, cutting me short. 

Ozpin: Ah, your early Mister Rose. An admirable quality befitting a Huntsman.