Chapter 14: Sticks And Stones

Mantle

10:00 AM

3 Years to the fall

Y/n Pov

Roy: Huh... She took that well...

Y/n: No she didn't, Roy. Don't lie to yourself...

Roy: .....

Y/n: ....What?

Roy: At least I got her number.

...Goddamnit Roy...

Yeah, filling in Winter was a experience... One I wish I had never had. She took it about as well as you would expect, which is to say, poorly. We told her everything from our departure up to the moment that Winter met us, leaving nothing out. Winter knew the score now and what was on the line. She wanted to take the information to Ironwood, which would in turn make it impossible for Roy and I to stop this. 

While filling in Winter, our ride out of the tundra had arrived. I was happy to get the hell out of there. Kyle and Caroline both said their goodbyes to us. I was sad to see them go but they needed to be taken care of. Besides, I was sure I'd see the two again eventually. The whole ordeal had given those two a bond that would keep them close to each other. 

Upon reentering Mantle, we were able to slip away quietly as Winter stayed on the bullhead. She gave her word not to breath a word of any of this to Ironwood. I didn't hold much stock in that. I was worried that we had screwed up in telling her. Nothing that could be done about it now except hope that Roys trust in her pays off. 

Roy: So what now? We have another day before we go meet the team. 

Y/n: How about we go get some cake.

Roy: Cake?

Y/n: Yeah, there's a bakery around here that I stopped at before.

Roy: Alright, I'm game. Lets go get some cake.

As I led Roy through the streets, we made sure that out masks were properly concealed. Didn't need any military attention. I secretly hoped that I'd see Weiss there again. It had been a long day yesterday. I wanted nothing more than to have a moment to myself with the girl I had dreamed of. Add on that Roy was with me this time and Weiss could meet him and yes, I really hoped that she was there. 

Upon arriving to the bakery, I immediately noticed a group of Huntsmen that both Roy and I recognized. The Ace Ops were hanging around it and guess who just walked through the doors. If your answer was the princess, then you'd be right. Did Winter rat us out? She couldn't have. She had no way of contacting Ironwood and she hasn't arrived at the academy yet. Was this just a coincidence or was the military in the know now? 

Roy: That doesn't look good...

Y/n: You don't say...