Chapter 33: Your Greatest Failure

Beacon 

12:20 PM

264 Days to the Fall

Y/n Pov

So what could I possibly say about my pleasant conversation with dear old Oz? How about that of all the bullshit I've heard over the years, that takes first place. I never would have imagined that there would be a fairytale that would be real. That's not to say that they don't all hold some truth, but for one to be almost completely fact was a new one for me. 

Y/n: To clarify, there's these "Maidens" who have inherent magical abilities and that there's a evil Grimm queen named Salem who wants them and that they were responsible for the bullshit in Atlas a few years ago?

Ozpin: That is accurate.

Y/n: ....

Goodwitch: ....

Ozpin: ....

Y/n: And again, to clarify.... Your not on any dope?

Goodwitch: Y/N!

Y/n: What?! Its a valid question!

Goodwitch stared at me disbelieving that I just said that to his face. I had to hold in a laugh as I saw a small smile come to Goodwitchs face though. Ozpin was unfazed by the little jab and just continued on. 

Ozpin: No Mister Rose.... I do not partake in "Dope".

Y/n: Just making sure.... So what exactly is being done to keep these Maidens away from queen bitch?

Ozpin: We have one here at Beacon that we are protecting, and another is in Atlas.

Y/n: And the other two?

Goodwitch: We don't know.

Ok, lets think about this. One is here, which is admittedly the best place for her to be. Another is in Atlas which is probably the worst place for her. Ironwood is a step away from a military dictatorship, especially since he got Sionis' seat on the council. If he doesn't like something, he can easily block the other members on the council. Not only that, Atlas also had advanced tech and medical understanding. Now the question I ask is "How did they get this knowledge?" My twisted and fucked up mind imagines the worst....

If there's a Maiden in Atlas, I can only imagine the lengths they've gone to in order to ensure that she lives as long as possible. Not that it would matter regardless. It took a sixteen year old vigilante with a death wish to fix their security problems. The only truly dangerous things they have going for them is the Ace Ops and their numbers. One is a small and overworked group and the other is comprised mostly of robots. Hiding the Maidens away separated was a good call, but that doesn't mean shit when the security involved with that is subpar. 

Not knowing where two was is a problem. If we don't know where they are or who they are, then there's a chance that they've already been gotten. If that's the case then protecting the other two would be near impossible. We need to find them but It's safer to assume that Salem already has them until we do. But going back to Ironwood....