Chapter 60: Three Simple Words (Vol. 2 Finale)

Beacon

4:19 PM

138 Days to the Fall

Y/n Pov

After a short nap on the way back to Beacon followed by a even longer debriefing, I was home free. Team RWBY were all sent to medical upon arrival so I knew they were being taken care off. No one woke me or Ruby when they entered the Bullhead but when we set down and got up, they looked like they had been through hell. Ironwood refrained from participating in the debriefing for some reason. 

My best guess was because he knew I was going to rat his ass out to Ozpin for his continued disregard for students safety. Ozpin was not able to secure Torchwicks' freedom, but instead was left in Ironwoods full custody. I had no idea where he was and when I asked, Ozpin knew precisely what I was going to do, hence his refusal to answer. 

I had already caused enough problems in the jailhouse alone. Didn't need a full blown political scandal to be added to the mix. One thing did still bother me about what Chainsaw said. That something was supposed to happen at the Amity colosseum when it arrived. It had me questioning if this was a small part of something bigger, or if this was the big event that Cinder was planning from the start. 

At least Walker was dead and gone. He had been a thorn in my side for long enough. Add on all the sickening bullshit he and his men have done and I'd say I just did Vale a service getting rid of him. Ruby was blissfully ignorant of her little "accident on the train". If she was still asking if we could save everyone, then I doubt she can handle knowing that she accidently killed a man, even if he deserved it. It was a unspoken agreement we had in that moment that we wouldn't tell Ruby if she didn't know. 

All that leaves is JNPR. Ozpin warned me that they knew. After everything that's happened, that was really something I wanted to deal with. Ren and Pyrrha already suspected something was up, but Nora and Jaune had no idea. That's not to mention that I haven't the foggiest clue how they took that revelation, especially since it didn't come from me. 

That brings me to now. I finished getting my clothes on and hid my gear away in a bag before stepping out of the security room bathroom. It was bad enough that I was walking around in my gear for all to see but walking back to my room with it wasn't going to fly. I walked out of the office, making a beeline for my room so I can pack it away in may little box. 

There where students around so I was especially concerned with making it back. Thankfully, nothing happened. I made it back to the dorm with no issue. What was the issue was Team JNPR camping outside my door. I didn't think they would go that far but this is a team with Nora and Jaune on it. I probably should have expected it. 

I was caught the second I turned the corner. As I got closer, I slowed down a little. You'd think I'd have been ready for this but you'd be wrong. This was something I was dreading since I first started to hang out with them, even before coming to Beacon. They were the first few people that I had let get past the exterior in a long time. Being faced with the prospect of losing that friendship with them because of this was gut-wrenching.

Nora: HE'S HERE! DID YOU GET THE BAD GUYS!?

Y/n: ....Yes....

Jaune: So Rubys' back?

Y/n: ....Yeah....

Pyrrha: *sigh* That's a relief at least.

Jaune: Sooo.... Red Hood?

Y/n: Lets talk in my room. I need to put my gear away. 

I walked past and entered the room and holding the door for them. They all entered, Ren being the last in. I closed the door and set the bag down next to my bed and pulled out the box I use to store my gear. I was moving slow, both due to soreness and because I was terrified of this conversation. Finishing up, leaving only my pistols and my knife out, I slowly stood up and sat down on the bed. They were all looking at me expectantly.