Chapter 57: End Of The Line

Southeast Vale

12:26 PM

139 Days to the Fall

Weiss Pov

The team and I were on our way to the bullhead. Our departure was scheduled for thirty past twelve. None of us knew exactly what to expect. If the White Fang set up there, then it must have a lot of Grimm in the area. Grimm being lured in by negative feeling s and emotions, it was a safe assumption. Speaking of negative emotions, Y/n had disappeared and he wasn't answering his scroll. 

As angry as I was at him, I was glad to see that he was alright. Things could have turned out very differently. The only reason he managed to get out of this one was because of Ozpin. If it wasn't for him, Y/n would be shipped to Atlas and be put on trial for his actions, both there and in other kingdoms. If that happened, then chances were that Y/n would never see the light of day again. 

It wasn't so much what he did as it was the scare that came with him getting caught. Then he didn't even check in with us until just a couple hours ago. All of us sat up for most of the night worried for him. Ruby was the worst out of everyone since she actually saw him getting taken away. He could have at least let us know well before it was time for us to go. 

I shook my head, clearing him from my thoughts. I'll deal with him when we all get back. Of course, while I was pulling myself out of my thoughts, I bumped into Ruby. I was about to say something when I noticed why she, and the rest of the team stopped. 

Professor Oobleck was going to be the Huntsman that we were paired with. Out of every teacher, he was the last one I wanted to be paired with. His high energy was abnormal, and the fact that it seemed higher than ever now was appalling. I reeled back a little while considering the pros and cons of skipping out. 

Weiss: Professor Oobleck....

Oobleck: Yes and I'm afraid those bags wont be necessary girls, seeing as you've opted to participate in what is now essentially a reconnaissance mission. I can assure you we will not be establishing a single base of operations, rather we will be traversing several miles of hazardous wasteland and making camp in any defendable-

And I tuned the rest out. He was going so fast that I wasn't keeping up. The only one who was keeping up was Ruby and even she clearly didn't like what she was hearing. I tuned back in at the worst time though. The second I came back to reality, Oobleck was face to face with me. I leaned back and flinched as he finished his spiel.

Oobleck: And it's Doctor Oobleck. I didn't earn my PHD for fun thank you very much. 

 It took everything I had to restrain the groan that was trying to come up. This was precisely why none of us wanted to work with Oobleck. I tuned him out again, just hoping and praying that it would be over soon. I conveniently forgot that it was still only the beginning. 

Oobleck: Come now children! According to my schedule, we are already three minutes behind... Schedule!

We all watched as he sped away. Suddenly, I was more than willing to forgive Y/n because I doubt that there's anything he could do that's worse than working with Oobleck. The groan that I was desperately holding down came forth now that he was gone. I pressed my face into my hands, wishing that it was any other teacher than him. 

Ruby: Well alright then! Looks like we're going to save the world with Doctor Oobleck.... Ok when you say it out loud, it sounds really bad....

Nora: Save the world!? Your going on world saving adventures without us!? I'm hurt! Sad! Maybe even a little hungry. But that's not your fault... REN!