Chapter 13: Trust

Solitas Tundra

4:15 AM

3 Years To The Fall

Roy pov

Its been several hours since Y/n went under. In that time, his leg has repaired itself as best as to be expected. Between his aura and that green energy, his leg is looking a lot better. It was still scarred to hell but it wasn't bleeding anymore, at least. We also didn't know if he could walk on it or not. He was still out and a little pale but overall, he was doing better. Kyle has been helping to keep an eye on him ever since we got to the meeting point. 

Winter hasn't really left his side either. I've been concerned about her knowing who he was. Winter was Atlas, she has a obligation to report his identity. If that happened, then he would be hunted down by the kingdoms until the day he dies. It would be safer to take her out, but I was against the idea. Winter hasn't done anything aside from work for an asshole. Was that really grounds enough to kill her. No, absolutely not. Even if I could beat her in a fight, which I doubt I could, killing her is against everything Red and I are about.

Winter noticed me staring and moves towards me. On reflex, my hand goes to the sword at my side. Winter either didn't notice, or didn't care because she stopped well within striking distance. We held eye contact for a second. She was playing a game on me, seeing if I would actually use the sword on her. The answer was no, but I wasn't about to let her know that. 

Roy: So, I know I'm handsome, but I get a bit self-conscious when people stare~

Winter: So do I, and you've been staring at me for quite a bit now. Is there something you wish to discuss? 

....Have I been staring? Well, that's awkward. Ok Roy, don't make this any worse than it is.

Roy: I wasn't staring at you. I was staring at Y/ns leg. Its a beautiful leg....

Winter: ...That is a lie, and his leg is mangled....

FUCK, SHE DIDN'T BUY IT!!!

Winter: Why are you nervous?

Roy: I'M NOT!

Winter reeled back from my shout. I didn't mean for that to happen but here we are. Oum, this is going just perfect. Winter was completely lost, and so was I. Why WAS I nervous? was it because of the sleep deprivation, or was it worry for Y/n. It couldn't be because of Winter?

....

Nah.

Winter: Alright then... Are you ok?

Roy: Y-yeah, I'm fine. Just a bit tired.

Winter: I can keep watch over him while you sleep. Kyle already fell asleep and Y/ns leg is almost completely healed. 

Roy: I know... I just cant help but worry about after... What if he can't walk properly. That green stuff helped, but his leg is, as you say, mangled. 

Winter: Y/n will be fine. Everything he's survived up to this point, its not going to be a worm that kills him, I'm sure. 

Roy: Your probably right... but he's my little brother... I have to worry for him. 

Winter nodded in understanding. She had Weiss and Whitley, after all. She knew what it was like to worry for your younger siblings. Winter walked closer and sat beside me. She was as calm as could be. Not a single concern that I would harm her for knowing Y/n. Was I just that easy to read or was she that confident that I wouldn't harm her? It really didn't matter. Winter wrapped an arm around me and brought my head down to her lap. Now I really was confused.