Chapter 10: The Rescue

Mantle

10:00 AM

3 years to the fall

Y/n pov

I stood over the wreckage of the drone. The damned thing was persistent to a fault. Guess murdering three men in a alley is frowned upon here.... As it is everywhere else. Either way, I was clear to get to Pietros without bringing the whole of Atlas down on our heads. I'm sure Roy is going to just love how I just blew our cover....

The workshop was relatively close by from my current location. It didn't take me long to make it. I barely stepped in when Roy grabbed and yanked me in. Guess news traveled fast... or he just heard the gunfire. Either way, Roy was just a bit upset with me.

Roy: What the hell, Red?! I thought we were trying to be subtle, not whatever the fuck that was!

Y/n: In my defense, they were trying to kidnap a kid...

Roy: And did you save the kid?

Y/n: No, but I have a way to track him.

Roy was on a rollercoaster of emotions at the moment. He was pissed that I blew our cover. Understanding as to why I did it. Happy that I did what I did, and finally, worried for what I can only assume is for the kid.

Roy: Then we'll go get him. You already started it, might as well see it done. But before any of that, I met with our "Team"...

I was a bit surprised that he stumbled into them. Well, that just makes it easier. I didn't want to go tracking them down in the cold. I didn't want to speak to them either but I don't really have a choice in that matter.

Y/n: Did they tell you where to take us?

Roy: They want to meet in the Industrial district, in the north-west. Said it was the big tower with Sionis' name on it. Its attached to his foundry so it cant be to hard to find.

Y/n: Wait, we're meeting at Sionis' big-ass tower. Why. Wouldn't he want to keep all this well away from him?

Roy: No idea. I would have thought the same thing. Its strange.

I wasn't to happy about walking into the lions den. I didn't know what to expect from Sionis or the team. Who knows, maybe it will be as easy as just walking in and shooting him.... Now that I think about it, didn't the League take a contract out on Sionis? The only reason their trying to kill Weiss' family is because of the political factors behind it. The SDC has a monopoly on Dust, so maybe their just trying to cripple Atlas. Still though, wont the cross-contracting get in the way of both teams? Questions for later...

Y/n: When?

Roy: In two days.

More than enough time to find the mine and save the kid, and anyone else in there that they're exploiting. Pietro came down the stairs and into the room. He saw me and was a little taken aback because of the blood. I pulled my mask off and smiled.

Y/n: I'm fine, the other guys are not though.

Pietro: I saw, its all over the news. I'm sure Ironwood will be contacting me about the suit soon enough because of that.

Y/n: How long do you think?

Pietro: A couple of days. I can tell him I had a break in and that I didn't realize that the suit was gone. Its not like I was actively working on it at the moment. Its a good thing the equipment room is in shambles.

Roy: That's good, we'll be out of your hair for a few days. Hopefully you can get everything sorted with Ironwood. Though, I'm sure he's still going to be a problem...