Chapter 39: The Road To Hell Is Paved In Good Intentions....

Beacon

6:12 PM

263 Days to the Fall

Y/n Pov

Walking across campus, I payed little attention to the students that were milling around now that classes were out. There was a few students that were talking about my initiation, and others that were talking about how I just disappeared with Yang after the ceremony. The rumor mill was already getting to work. It was going to be weird not being able to dispel whatever bullshit they come up with but that's a problem for later. 

Goodwitch was remarkably silent during the walk. In fact, I was leading the way. It was strange to see her like this, but then I remembered that Ozpin and her pulled a trick on me and I stopped caring as much. If anything, the last person to try that on me caught a bullet to his kneecap so their rather lucky that I didn't go further than some harsh words and a show of force. 

Just as I was starting to really tune everything out, Goodwitch finally spoke. 

Goodwitch: I know your upset about the team situation, but we're only trying to help you.

Y/n: I said I didn't need your help, and you two have a funny way of helping anyway. I hope that's not how you handle the other kingdoms.

Goodwitch: Of course not!

Y/n: Oh good, only me then.

Goodwitch: That's not the case, Y/n. You've spent so long without anyone to lean on, we thought that if maybe you could interact with the other students, it'll help you move on from what happened in Atlas and you make friends. Be like kids your age...

....Its hard to stay mad when she puts it like that. I can see where their coming from, but that ship has already sailed. I don't know how to be like people my age. I never got the chance to be like them and that's not going to change just because I'm being forced to work with other teams. Honestly, I don't know how I've even managed to make friends with Jaune and the others. It just kind of happened when I was helping Jaune train. 

My sisters team is a different story. I have no idea how to deal with Blake, and Weiss.... I have absolutely no idea what the hell me and her are even doing. It's clear that we have a connection to each other, both literally and emotionally. So why are we constantly tip-toeing around the subject. I know for me, its fear. I cant lie about that. But I don't know why she seems to stop short. Sure there was the quick peck that she gave me when I walked her to the airships that one time but after that, there's been nothing. 

I brought myself back to what started this line of thinking. 

Y/n: Would I be right in assuming Ozpin wants to talk about this?

Goodwitch: Yes.

Y/n: Then why don't we wait until we get there to continue this.

Goodwitch didn't respond which I took as a yes. The rest of the walk was spent in silence. The only difference was I wasn't as opposed to talking to Ozpin now. I'd still rather get blown up again than talk to him but I could only avoid something for so long. Might as well just get it over with.