Chapter 22: The Lucky Ones

Warning-This chapter gets extremely dark and touches on human trafficking and Drugging of minors with undertones of sexual abuse. There will be a disclaimer when it starts and ends.

You have been warned.

Beacon Academy

9:00 AM

331 Days To The Fall

Weiss Pov

Arriving at Beacon was a magical experience. I was one step closer to finding Y/n. He was in Vale. Question was where and how long it would take to find him. Stepping out of the airship, my escorts gathered my things and began to haul them. I quickly put a stop to that and dismissed them. I didn't need them to carry my things. I was perfectly capable of that... I didn't want to be a damsel in distress.... Not again.

Carting my possessions down through the courtyard, I thought back to what happened in Atlas. Its been two years and a few months since then. It was hard to forget everything that happened. Between being shown that the world is even crueler than what father ever shown me, to losing Roy and subsequently Y/n, It Showed me that I needed to change. I couldn't just be the heiress to the SDC, I could and needed to be more than that. Y/n and Roy showed me that.

As I was walking, I stopped for a moment to look around. Beacon was a beautiful and well maintained place. People say that Beacon is the most prestigious Huntsmen training academy, closely seconded by Atlas. Just the courtyard was enough to convince me of that. I lost my train of thought as I heard a young sounding girl asking several questions. She sounded confused and nervous. I turned back to answer her as she fell backwards onto the cart holding my belongings. 

Anger spiked in me as I saw all the boxes containing Dust tumble and fall. That was to help me track down Y/n. I wasn't naïve enough to think that it would be a safe endeavor but I was determined. I wouldn't be here if I wasn't. 

Weiss: What do you think your doing!?

???: Sorry!

Weiss: Sorry!? Do you have any idea of the damage you could have caused!?

???: Uh...

She picked up one of the Dust crates. I grabbed it from her hands and checked the contents. Everything was still intact. That was a weight lifted. I could always buy more or even ask to be sent some, but the less contact I had with Father, the better. Besides, this was pure, refined Dust. Ten times stronger than anything you could find normally. I was still very upset with the girl though.

Weiss: This is Dust. It's unstable by nature! Any mistreatment will set it off unless its housed properly. The case may be fancy and designed to hold it, but it could still go off!

The girl still looked at me as if she didn't understand a word I was saying. This was setting me off. I normally don't get this angry but something about this girl was bringing it out of me. I opened the case and mindlessly shook it as I spoke. I was trying to accentuate the point but without realizing it, I was doing exactly what I was scolding her for...

Weiss: What are you, Braindead!? Dust! Water! Fire! Electricity! Energy! Are you even listening!?

The girl sneezed and we both exploded. Neither of us were harmed but now I was just mad at myself. I realized what I was doing with the Dust. That being said, I doubled down on the yelling. I couldn't quite put my finger on why I was getting so angry at this girl, even if she made a mistake. Maybe I'm just frustrated because of the events of the past couple years. Life did take a turn and its been a hard thing to adjust to, even if I did ask to be here.