Chapter 73: Failure

Amity Colosseum

5:56 PM

9 Minutes to the Fall

Red Hood Pov

The stare down between me and the assassin continued until I dashed forward. At the very least, I needed to stall for time until I can jump. As I closed the distance, I drew my knife, slashing as it came out. The assassin stepped to the side and tried to bring the katana down on my head. I rolled forward with my momentum and escaped before she could bury it in my neck. 

I got back on my feet and raised my arms to catch hers, trapping the blade. She brought her knee up into my ribs, trying to get me off of her. I brought my knife back along her arm as I yanked it back. She screamed but held on to the katana. She hooked my leg and pulled out, taking me off my feet. As I fell, she hooked my arm with hers and swept her katana against my hand with the knife. The blade bit into my wrist, making me drop my knife. 

8 Minutes to the Fall

She reeled her katana back and tried to stick it in my chest. I brought my hands up and caught her wrists. The blade sinking a inch into my chest. I felt the burning pain followed by wetness around the wound. She put all her body weight on the blade, making it sink further in. I yelped as I brought my leg up and kicked her left leg out from under her. 

She fell, taking enough weight off of me to throw her off of me. I scrambled forward, trying to get up before her but she was faster. She swiped the sword at my head, forcing me to jerk my head back as I stood up or lose it. She kept swinging at me, pushing me back with every swipe. I brought my arms up and the blade caught my bracers. The blade slid harmlessly along my bracers and I took advantage of her being off balance. 

I kicked out, catching her knee, knocking her leg out from under her and trapping her sword arm with my right, while wrapping my left arm around her neck. I started clamping down and twisting her head. I tried to jerk her head when she regained her footing and jumped. The back of her head smashing into my face. I let go and reeled back as she spun around and swiped her sword along my gut. 

7 Minutes to the Fall

I clenched my teeth and leaped back. She was really starting to piss me off. I pulled out my crowbar, and got in close, using it to block her swipe. I reeled my arm back and punched with all I had. The assassin stumbled back, giving me a opening to grab my knife. I swooped down and snatched it up and ran forward, shoulder charging her. She stepped to the side and slashed downward on my back. 

I redirected and elbowed her in the face as I stumbled but caught myself. The assassin raised her head up and looked at the Bullhead controls before looking back at me. I ran at her as she sprinted for the controls before she drove her sword through the control panel. The Bullhead jerked and the warning lights and sirens started going off. I caught myself before looking out of the passenger window and seeing the colosseum coming up. 

6 Minutes to the Fall

I hit the door controls and the door slid open. The assassin returned her attention to me and saw me getting ready to bail out. Just as I jumped, the assassin threw a throwing knife, barely missing me. The Bullhead started to go down, solving the assassin problem hopefully. I put my crowbar and knife away as I fell and pulled out the grapple gun before firing at the landing pad. The grapple caught hold of its mark and started to pull me towards the colosseum grounds.