Chapter 66: The Vault

Beacon

7:00 PM

23 Hours to the Fall

Y/n Pov

Pyrrha: ....I'm.... Sorry?

Ozpin: Fairytales. Stories from your childhood. Surely you must remember some of them.

Pyrrha just looked completely confused at the question. It was the same with me. The only difference was the fact that I had prior knowledge of magic before then. I was completely against bringing her into this. It was a borderline death sentence. I've said it before and I'll say it again, just knowing that magic exists makes you a target. 

Pyrrha is capable but when you have something like the Lazarus energy being used offensively or a enemy who has access to a Lazarus pit, or any other magic, being capable isn't enough. Of course, my recent run in with Mercury and Emerald has proven that it is possible but that doesn't mean it's easy and they knew what I could do. In most fights, you don't know what your opponent is capable of. Magic adds to the unpredictability and that makes it all the more dangerous. Why Ozpin wanted to bring her into this was beyond me. 

Pyrrha: There's.... The tale of the two brothers, the shallow sea, the girl in the tower-

Ozpin: What about the story of the seasons?

Y/n: Don't.

Ozpin glance over to me before reiterating the original question to me. 

Ozpin: You never answered what your favorite fairytale was when I asked you all those months ago. 

Y/n: "It's the one where you stop fucking around and get on with it". I remember how the conversation went. Don't bring her into this.

Pyrrha: What's going on?

Ozpin: It's no different from when you got involved.

Y/n: It's plenty different. I already knew half of what you had to tell me, I only needed you to fill in the blanks. She has no idea what your about to drag her into. So don't. 

Ozpin: Why don't we ask her if she want's to know what this is all about. 

Pyrrha: I.... I want-

Y/n: Pyrrha, please. Don't. 

Pyrrha and I locked eyes. I was pleading with her not to say that she wanted this. Unfortunately, nothing can ever be so simple. She returned her gaze to Ozpin, now more curious than ever. 

Pyrrha: I want to know.

Ozpin: Very well. To go back a little, you do remember the story of the seasons, correct?

Pyrrha: Of course, Me and my mother love that story.

Ozpin: Would you believe me that that one was has been around since I was a boy?

Pyrrha: Your not That old, Professor!

Y/n: On the contrary, he's old as dirt....

I moved over to the balcony door and opened it before popping a cigarette in my mouth and lighting it. This was the one place where I didn't smoke but I sure as hell needed it now. Everyone looked at me like I was crazy but my only response was to give them the finger. To say I was pissed at this development was a understatement.

Y/n: You want to tell her, get on with it, Old man. 

Ozpin: ...What if I was to tell you that it was true?