Chapter 64: Round Two

Beacon

9:00 AM

33 Hours to the Fall

Y/n Pov

Due to a change in structure, I was slated to be the first round of the day. I don't know what spurred the change but I was fine with it. I didn't know who I was going to end up fighting. All I knew was that it was going to be a lot easier than my first round. After Qrow and I had our little chat in Ozpins office, I haven't seen Qrow. It didn't help that I locked myself in my room and started maintaining my weapons while smoking like a chimney. At least my equipment is more than ready to go. 

I sat in the locker room, loading my pistols with the rubber rounds and making sure that my pipe bombs were live. Everyone was already in the stands, waiting for the show to start. I closed the locker and took a single step before my head felt like it was about to crack open. 

The Lazarus energy started to leak out while I kneeled down, focusing on the pain. The energy flashed me, showing me Vale on fire. Grimm everywhere, and strangely enough, a man who looked like a clown.... I don't know what to make of that but I think that whatever it is, it was time to come clean about the visions. 

The pain in my head lingered as the announcement rang out over the loud speaker. It was time. I did one more quick check and stepped through the door. After the vision, I started to have a bad feeling. Like something bad was about to happen. I stepped out into the open, the audience roaring in anticipation for the first round of the day. I was the first out. It didn't take long for that bad feeling to be shown as right.

Mercury and Emerald, stepped out of their side of the tunnel. The arrogant smile on Mercurys face when he looked at me making me want to jump him right that second. I glanced at the RWBY and JNPR in the audience. The concern for the match up showing. I returned my attention to the two, making sure that there wasn't a cheep shot. I wouldn't put it past the two. 

Mercury: Well, fancy seeing you here Red. You know, my nose still hurts from when you broke it. 

Y/n: Really? Maybe I can break it again. Make it hurt worse this time. 

Mercury: Or maybe I could pay you back for that.

Emerald: Now boys, this is a friendly tournament. We're only trying to have fun.

Y/n: I doubt that. Especially since Mercury took off the way he did yesterday. 

Mercury: Who wouldn't when they see two Huntsmen going at it like that. Besides, I had something to do. 

Y/n: Willing to share or am I going to have to beat it out of you?

Mercury: You'll find out what it is. Very soon.

The slots came up and started to spin. If there was ever a time when I was hoping for a terrain advantage, it was now. All the slots stopped on urban. Buildings rising up around the arena. This was my bread and butter. Mercury and Emerald didn't seem the least bit worried about it. Emerald drew her daggers and Mercury lowered his stance. I pulled out White and my knife. 

I didn't want the audience to see exactly what I was going to do to these two. Something just didn't feel right. Their lack of action over the last few months. Mercury and Emeralds participation in the tournament, both the bonus fight with me and tournament proper. Everything screamed wrong to me. Why didn't I notice it earlier? 

The countdown started, all of us ready to get the fight going. Every second ticking down feeling like hours. When the buzzer sounded, the fight was on. This wasn't just a glorified sparring round like I had previously likened it to. This was very real combat. Hell of a round two....