Chapter 80: Someone's Got To Stay (Book 1 Finale)

Vale

7:57 AM

Y/n Pov

The ride on the Bullhead was quiet. That was mostly due to it being empty. No one was going where I was headed. When the Bullhead did land, I was quick to get off and on the move. I had a lot of ground I wanted to cover quickly, especially since word was bound to have spread that I was loose again. Even with the CCT down, I was sure that there were some emergency communications relay up or something. It wouldn't make sense for them not to get one up given the state of things. 

I doubt that with things as they are, I'll have to worry about the law coming for me. Should probably keep my head down for the time being just in case. My hope here was that everyone would be gathered here, or at least close by. I wanted to know that everyone was alright and accounted for. That and I really wanted to know that Weiss was alright.

Looking around as I walked, Patch was fine, albeit, very subdued. More so than usual anyway. I didn't wait around and immediately left the village. Right now, the only thing I was concerned about was getting to my family. 

Walking through the forest was quiet, in the good way. The local wildlife was lively meaning that I was safe for the moment. I made it through the forest quickly. Every step bringing back memories, both good and bad. I wondered what the house looked like now. Was it exactly the same or were there some changes? 

As I approached the house, I saw Ren, Nora and Jaune sitting on the porch. All of them talking amongst themselves. Well, Jaune was more listening but when he saw me, he perked up. The look on Jaunes' face said it all. He stood up and marched over to me and before I even got a word out, he laid me out. 

Nora: Jaune!

Jaune: PYRRHA IS DEAD BECAUSE OF YOU!!! IF YOU HADN'T BROUGHT HER TO THAT FUCKING TOWER, SHE WOULD STILL BE ALIVE!!!

Ren: That's enough, Jaune!

Ren and Nora had to pull him off of me. I didn't fight back. He was right. I should have stood my ground and went it alone. Because of that, Pyrrha was dead. The fault laid solely with me. I stood up and wiped my nose clean of the blood now dripping out. Jaune was fighting tooth and nail to have another go at me, and honestly, I couldn't blame him. 

Y/n: ....I'm sorry, Jaune....

Ruby: What is going on out here!?

She had barely stepped outside when she saw me. Without a second thought, she rushed at me and nearly tackled me back to the ground. I thought she was going to squeeze the life out of me with how tightly she was hugging me. I hugged back, just relieved that she was ok. After what happened on the tower, I was worried that she had been hurt somehow. 

Ruby: I'm so glad your ok!

Y/n: I'm glad your good too.

Ruby broke away and I realized that she was armed and dressed to leave. I looked back at Ren, Nora and Jaune. They were all armed and ready to go. I put two and two together and knew what she had in mind. She saw that I caught on and was already trying to justify it. 

Ruby: We can't let what happened in Vale happen anywhere else. Cinder needs to be stopped. 

Y/n: And I agree, but going out on your own isn't-

Ruby: I'm not alone. I have Ren, Nora and Jaune. 

Y/n: Even still.... Do you even know where your going?

Ruby: Qrow said that the trail leads to Haven. 

Y/n: Ruby-

Ruby: Your not stopping me.