Punishment

I woke up early this morning. I almost didn't even sleep. I was thinking about last night. I wonder if dad is still mad. I hope it passed. But I still barely walked to the dining room. Every step was getting harder as I got closer. Dad was already sitting at the table. I sat on the opposite side of the table. The table itself was already long, but it seemed even longer to me.

Dad was silent during the entire breakfast. But at the end he broke the silence and spoke in a serious voice: "Sofia, this is the second time you don't keep my word." "I know dad, but...", I tried to defend myself. "Please let me finish, and don't interrupt me," he said in a calm voice. I just nodded my head "I told many friends and distinguished colleagues that you would come, and I was embarrassed." I listened and sat, that was the only thing I could do.

"Worst of all, that's not the only thing that happens to you. You spend too much, you can't do without money. You forgot all the values ​​of life. You spend all your time in stores. You buy something, wear it once and leave it in the closet. Your closet is big as someone's house. Everyone tells me that I spoiled you too much, I didn't want to believe it, but it seems to be true." It looked like he finished. So I started talking: "I know dad and you're right, I promise I'll change." I said that every time something like this happened and my dad forgave me every time, so I thought he would this time too.

Dad looked at me, but this time with a look that said he was disappointed. He had never looked at me with that look before. "I know, but this time it will be different..." he said. I didn't know what that meant, but it scared me a little. I just looked at him.

"I spoke with the coach of FC Barcelona, ​​he is an old friend of mine. But that is not important now. What is important is that I asked him to give you the job of assistant coach and he agreed." That left me in shock. Me, work? It definitely doesn't go together. I thought he was joking but he was dead serious. I wasn't allowed to say anything though. "That's not all...", he started again. There is something else, isn't it enough that I will have to "work". I can't even imagine how I work. I have never done anything in my life. As an assistant coach, I will have to listen to orders. Me, obeying someone's orders, never." You are moving, I found you an apartment not far from Camp Noa. You will live and work there for the next seven months. You will have to pay for the apartment yourself, I will pay for the first month, but you will have to pay for the rest yourself .I'm blocking all your cards and confiscating all mine you own." "I pray?" I let out a sound and jumped out of my own chair.

Dad just raised his head and looked at me. "You can't do this to me," I cried. "I can and I will," he answered.

"I'm worth millions, what if someone tries to kidnap me and ask for money in return?", I urged my dad to change his decision. "Guards will protect you at every step, but they won't help you with anything." "But dad, you know how poor my health is, what if something happens to me?" "Sofia you are an adult, you can go to the hospital alone whenever you want." "But Dad..." "No, but it's my last one." "Go get ready, you're leaving for your own apartment soon. I would suggest you bring warm clothes, it can be cold in the apartments," Dad finished as he got up from the table.

I was getting ready in silence. I don't deserve this. I hope it's a big apartment with enough space for me. I'm claustrophobic anyway. I went down the stairs with one suitcase, the other two were still in the corner. I only brought the most basic things, but I hoped that Dad would pass this phase quickly. Dad was waiting for me in front with a chauffeur. The driver was very familiar to me. This is Diego, he has been working for us forever, I mean since I can remember. "Diego, can you go get my luggage?" Diego started, but was stopped by my dad. "Sofia, you are your own person now. You have to take care of your own luggage." I was in shock, how am I going to get both suitcases down the stairs? However, somehow I managed, I got into the car and Diego started driving.

Will this be the end of me? I hope not.