In the right place, at the right time

*Pedri's pov*

Pablo dragged me to the club again. Third time this month. He is really seriously looking for girls.

I'm not really interested in that. I'm not a person who enjoys clubs, crowds or loud music. I mostly spend the night sitting, or standing in some corner. And I watch Pablo dancing or strutting around. But my most important job is to bring Pablo home alive after we go out.

As soon as I entered the club I was hit by purple bright lights. The music was very noisy. Just the way I don't like it. I headed for the bar. I asked Pablo what he was going to drink. But I got no answer. When I turned around he was of course not behind me. He was already dancing in the middle of the crowd and drawing attention to himself.

I followed him with my eyes. I know what he's like. It is very possible that he will get into a bad situation. And some troubles. I love Gavi, but he is a magnet for trouble. Especially when it comes to girls. Not once did he get slapped by some girl in the club. And like any true friend, I watched and laughed every time. And then I dragged him home, but on the way I stopped and bought ice. And then comforted him.

And that's how most nights end after the club.

Probably this one too.

I didn't expect anything special from this night. I'm already on my third drink, and nothing interesting has happened yet. Pablo just danced and drew attention to himself. There weren't very many girls on the dance floor. Otherwise, there are always more of them than men. But this time it's the other way around.

I thought about it and...no...not possible...not again. The last time that was the case...I don't even want to remember it. Only that time the club was full of men, and not a single girl.

It was about three months ago. Pablo and I headed to a new club. Because we don't like going to the same clubs. We entered, the music was quite calm. The whole club was full of men. Everything smelled of men's perfumes. The atmosphere was quite calm. Gavi didn't even want to dance. We both went to the bar together and ordered drinks. The bartender brought them quite quickly.
I started to take out my wallet, but the bartender stopped me: "That gentleman paid for your drinks and sent his regards." he said, pointed to some guy in a pink shirt, and winked. When I turned around, a guy in a pink shirt was waving at me. I waved awkwardly and nervously back. Half my life passed before my eyes. Then it suddenly hit me. What idiots of bad luck we are.
"What a good man, do you know him from somewhere Pedri?" Pablo asked me as he drank his drink.
"Pablo we have to go." I said to Pablo as I started to stand up.
"Why? We haven't seen any girls yet." "Trust me, you won't even see one here. Now get your ass up, and let's go." I was hurrying him.
"Ok, calm down, I'm going!" We finally got out. I just hoped that we would get to the car as soon as possible and start driving. I swear, we barely survived that night.

Of course, only us idiots without a shred of brain, and even less lucky, could accidentally go to a gay club.And it can only happen to me that one of them takes an interest in me. Stick to me like a fly to a jar and buy me a drink.

While we were driving in the car, after I somehow explained to Gavi what happened, he told me that it was probably because of my hairstyles. It seems to attract them. At least that's what Gavi told me. Since then, I have never do my hair like that.

I have nothing against them, but I can't imagine myself with one. Or being one.

We had a lot of bad experiences in clubs, but this was definitely the worst. Pablo, on the other hand, loves partying, clubs and night life. Ever since he turned eighteen and went to a real club for the first time. Although I think he should look for a girl in a library or a museum, this is his choice. And I won't interfere.