Eiffel Tower

I enjoyed the walk to the Eiffel Tower. When we got there, someone literally ran into us. We were very surprised when we saw who it was. "Raphinha?" we all wondered in unison.

Koundé ran behind him. He was barely breathing. Was completely out of breath from running. It was as if he ran out of halftime. Gavi, Maria, Pedri and I just looked at each other in wonder.

"Did you...catch...her?" Koundé tried to ask Raphinha. Raphinha just shook his head. He couldn't even answer because he was out of breath. "What's going on? What have you idiots done now?" Pedri asked Koundé and Raphinh.

"She...she...a woman..." Koundé tried to explain, but he couldn't because he was out of breath.
"Maybe we should sit down somewhere and rest. When you come to your senses you can explain to us." Maria suggested. We found a bench and sat down to rest.

"Maybe I should go get some water, I think that might help," I suggested. "That would be helpful," Maria agreed. "You can't go alone in an unknown city." Pedri interjected.
"You mean I can't take care of myself?"
"I don't think so, I think you could get lost in a city like this."
"Thanks for your concern, but I think I can manage and buy water somewhere."
"I won't look for you in Paris if you get lost."
"Will you stop playing cat and dog and just go get that water?" Gavi intervened in our argument.

Pedri and I went to get water. I had no idea where I was going, I just followed Pedri. We found a store and bought water. While we were coming back, we got into a big crowd. There were really many people. It was hard to breathe. Everyone wanted to climb the Eiffel Tower or take a picture.

At one point, I felt someone grab my hand and pull me. I was scared, but then I saw that it was only Pedri.

I looked at our hands, which were holding each other, then at him. "We need to stay close so we don't get lost. There are too many people, I can hardly see where we need to go, it's very easy to get separated," Pedri explained. I just nodded my head. We walked through the crowd, Pedri made his way through the people, and I followed him. We barely made it through the crowd, but in the end we did. We returned to the others who were exactly where we left them.

When we came back, everyone was looking at us strangely. I didn't understand why, but then I understood. Pedri and I were still holding hands. I quickly withdrew my hand.
"We brought water." Perdi was giving water to his teammates on the bench.

"And why were you two running around like headless flies a moment ago?" Maria asked curiously.
"Recreational," Koundé joked.
"Very funny, now you speak." Maria hit Koundé on the head.
"It was like this..." Raphinha began to speak.
"...No, no, I'm talking." Koundé interrupted him.
"I don't care who talks, just let someone talk." Maria said angrily.
"Ok, calm down." Raphinha calmed her down.
"Well, like this..." Koundé began. "...Raphinha and I decided to walk to the Eiffel Tower before the match. We were bored so we went up. The view was great. Raphinha suggested we take a picture. We wanted to take a selfie, but we didn't like how we are only heads. And Raphinha found a woman and asked her to take a picture of us. I warned him. I told him nicely that this is not Brazil. This is France. People here are not so good. They would steal your soul if they could. .."

"OK JUST SAY WHY YOU RUN." Gavi literally jumped off the bench and lashed out at Koundé.

"Alright man calm down, let me talk..." Koundé shook himself.
"...where did I stop? Yes, I know. And then everything was normal. That woman took a picture of us and then...(dramatic pause)...then she started running. And just like that...Raphinha's cell phone went away. And Raphinha stands there like a fool. "Run" I tell him and he starts running and I follow him. And then we ran and ran and ran, and the woman seemed to be running a marathon. You can't catch her, man. And only while she was running down you can't catch her. Raphinha was running as fast as he could run, and so was I. But at one point I fell and lost sight of them both. But I did eventually find Raphinha when he crashed into you." Koundé told. I almost started laughing, but someone got ahead of me. Someone laughed so sweetly that I melted. When I looked at who it was, I realized that it was Pedri, he turned red from laughing. Gavi, Maria and I joined him in laughing. Raphinh was not quite laughing. Koundé just looked at the floor.

"Dude, this can only happen to you." Pedri said with a laugh. "I know." Raphinha said, clutching his head. "And what will you do now without a mobile phone?" Gavi asked Raphinh. "I have no idea. I'll buy a new one when I get home, I guess." Raphinha spoke worriedly. "I suggest that we head to the hotel, before anyone else left without a cell phone." Maria suggested. We all agreed and headed for the hotel.