Tomorrow

*Match Day*

*Sofia's pov*

I wakes up and look at clock.

It was already time to get up.

Today is the game. I'm still not 100% recovered from yesterday. But I'll do my best today. And be there for my team.

Maria picked me up. We had a warm-up before the game. Everything seemed great. The team was in great shape. We had great chances to win.

We still had a few hours before the game. The match was at 6 in the afternoon.

We were definitely not relaxed. But we weren't too nervous either. We believed in each other.

As Xavi's assistant, I had to be of help to him all the time.

So I had to be around all the time.

Those few hours passed so quickly that we didn't even feel it. And we were already in the first minute of the game.

We controlled the possession, we attacked and defended well until the 17th minute when Modrić scored a goal. It was an indefensible goal. Accurate, high, fast. Straight into the right corner. Ter Stegen could do nothing. Just watch.

Modrić is a very experienced player, so I wasn't even surprised. What a beautiful goal.

The stands suddenly came alive. All Real Madrid fans stood up and started cheering louder and louder

Now we have to defend to the end, and try to score at least one goal. Let's equalize.

They are very strong opponents. It was very difficult to get past their defense.

However, we entered the next half with a goal behind.

Not much could be done there. Our will has died. All our players entered the dressing room as if they were wet. However, we have to continue to live with that goal behind, we must not let it get into our heads. We held on well until the end and did not concede a single second goal.

I was very sad for our boys. They worked hard though. We all worked very hard. But this is not the end. This is the beginning of the return.

The beginning of the second half did not bring us any luck. Until the 70th minute. When Balde equalizes with a great goal. He was as fast as a bullet, no one could stop him. It was as if he received a huge surge of energy. His ball went like an arrow. Right past their goalkeeper. Who could do nothing. We did it. We equalized. We still have time. We might even score another goal. I suggested that we play harder on the attack. But that would mean that we are living a dangerous life, playing an unsafe game. But if it works for us, it will be worth it. Xavi agreed.

After ten minutes, a fight broke out. This is normal in matches between Barcelona and Real Madrid. Some players even received a yellow card. Xavi started to walk towards the referee, but I stopped him. I saw that the referee had already lost his temper. And Xavi already has a yellow card from the previous game.

When everyone calmed down, we returned to the game. We had another chance, but without success.

On the scoreboard, the assistant referee indicated that an additional 2 minutes would be played. I had no hope. What can happen in those next 2 minutes?

Real Madrid rushed towards our goal. They were unstoppable. Someone shot the ball towards the goal. I couldn't even see properly who it was. I've already seen that ball in the goal. I was sure that the ball would go in. We all grabbed our heads. The whole bench. I thought we were done.

But...a miracle happened. The miracle called Ter Stegen. He threw himself on the ball as if it was the last. Like there's no tomorrow. And saved us one more time.

He shot the ball forward. Right at Pedri's feet. He turned and headed towards the goal. He was like lightning. He went through two opposing defenders. Straight towards the goal. He was alone against the goalkeeper 1:1. Eye to eye. He could kick. He could have tried.
This is our last chance.

There is no other chance.

There is no fix.

There is no room for mistakes.

And, And, And, And, And,...

GOALLLLLLLL!!!!

The ball went on the ground. Accurate and fast. The goalkeeper went to the left, and the ball went to the right. Straight into the goal.

The goalkeeper could have saved it with his foot. But that doesn't matter now. What is important is that we won. With the goal that Pedri Gonzalez gave us. I am very proud of him. He really deserved this. And I am very proud to say that he is my friend.

The referee blew his whistle and let it be known that this was a goal. Real Madrid took the ball from the middle of the field, and then the referee blew the whistle again, signaling that the game was over.

We won!

The whole team ran onto the field to celebrate this victory. I wanted to congratulate Pedri, but everyone was already running towards him. And congratulated him. I decided to wait until the situation calmed down.

At that moment, Balde approached me.