I feel like I'm losing her forever

*Pedri's pov*

I did not sleep all night.

I only thought about her.

I didn't blame her.

I blamed myself.

I blamed my indecision.

I blamed my fear.

I can't live, I can't even die.

I was just rolling around on the bed.

Someone ran into my room and raised the blinds. I didn't see who it was. I honestly didn't care too much. And even if he's a killer. He would do me a favor.

"Are you sane? Look what you look like. Get off that bed and move!" a familiar shrill voice told me.

"Pablo leave me to die in peace." I told my best friend who came to check on me.

"Don't talk nonsense. Get up. You're not going to spend the whole summer like this."
"I plan to spend my whole life like this." "Let's go outside. You've been in this darkened room for three days now. You haven't seen the sun or touched grass for three days. What have you been eating anyway?"
"It's only been three days?
It feels like three years. I don't remember eating anything."
"Idiot, you can't live on water and air. And you'll run out of air if you don't leave this room."
"I don't care."
"Get up and get ready. Let's go eat something, and then let's go have fun."

Pablo tries to cheer me up and I'm very grateful for that, but right now I'd rather be alone.

He persuaded me to go to a restaurant nearby. The sun blinded me as soon as I left the house. Maybe I really was in the house too long.

I've been ordering pizza for the last three days. But I really missed normal food. By the way, I really like to cook, but now I really didn't feel like cooking.

We sat down and ordered food.

"I'm sorry to ask but…how are you feeling?" Pablo asked me
" Pretty good." I answered.
"Pedri, I know how you feel but... you have to get over her."
"I know, but Pablo, everything is different without her. It's like there's a hole in my life. Before, my life only made sense when I was playing soccer. Now she appeared. And she changed that. Every day I couldn't wait for training to end just to go home with her.
Every practice I did my best. Just so she'd notice me. And now...now she's with him. Happy probably. And me? What's wrong with me? I've loved her since elementary school. I've loved her for more than ten years.. I never forgot her. I thought I could have her now. But I was wrong. I was an indecisive coward who came too late."
"Oh Pepi. I'm so sorry. But you have to go back to the way you were. You have to go back to normal. It's been three days"

"Pablo, that morning even the tea had a different taste."

Our food has arrived.

"So...how about we go to the beach?" Pablo suggested.
"Why not?" I agreed.
"We could invite Frenkie and Mikky with us."
"Of course."
"Great, it's summer anyway."

I love summer. And it wouldn't be summer without the beach and the sea.

"Let's get ready when we eat and then I can text Mikky and Frenkie."
"Sure."

Pablo and I ate quickly and headed to the beach.

When Frenkie and Mikky arrived we found each other

We exchanged greetings and found a place in the shade.

"Nice to see you." Mikky greeted us.
"We are also glad to see you," Pablo greeted her back.
"Mikky and I wanted to stop by the beach anyway. We're so glad you invited us with you. We're so glad to have company." Frenkie said.
"And we're glad to have company." I said.

After a few minutes of swimming, I went out to dry off. Mikky didn't even enter the water. She says she wants to sunbathe. And she is reading a book.

I'm going to have a drink, are you coming with me?" I asked Mikky.
"Of course." she replied.
"I'm just going to ask Pablo and Frenkie if they want to come with us."

"Hey, Mikky and I are going for a drink, do you want to go with us?" I asked Pablo and Frenkie.
"No thanks, we enjoy the water." Pabo answered.

When we are on the beach, Pablo is like a child. You can't pull him out of the water. So someone has to take care of him. This time Frenkie was the victim. However, I hope they both enjoy it.

M

ikky and I went to a nearby bar. The cocktails there are great.

"And how are you?" Mikky asked me. "Why does everyone ask me that?" I laughed.
"I'm sorry. I didn't mean it that way."
"It's okay. I'm pretty good. I actually feel great."
"I'm glad to hear that."
"You all should worry less about me. Pablo especially."
"You know Pablo, you mean a lot to him."
"I know, but sometimes he really worries too much. That's why I love him."

"And...where are you planning to go on summer vacation?"
"I don't have any specific plans. You? What are you planning?"
"Frenkie and I were planning to go to the Netherlands."
"That's great. Going to visit the family?" "Yes. And then we plan to spend some more time together afterwards. To ourselves."
"I understand that's wonderful."

Mikky and I enjoyed the conversation. Her company is very relaxed. And we always have similar topics for conversation.

We returned to Pablo and Frenkie.

We had a great day at the beach. I even took my mind off my situation a bit.

Maybe Pablo was right. I have to enjoy the summer. I have to get over it. I have to get over Sofia. She's probably happy. So I have to be happy for her too.

Her happiness is important to me. What kind of person would I be if her happiness didn't matter to me?

I will wait for her. I will.