My fairytale ending

*Pedri's pov*
Two years have already passed. Sofia and I are still together. We even live together now. Everyone knows we're together. Whole world. My life is complete now, just as I imagined it to be. I live with the person I love, and I do what I love the most. I play football, in Barcelona of course. Speaking of which, tonight we play the final of the Champions League. I think that day has arrived today, I feel it, I'm ready.

If we win today I have prepared something big. For Sofia, for us, for our relationship. Today is that day. The day I will propose to her. She doesn't suspect anything. The only person who knows I'm going to do it today is Pablo. Tonight. Right before we're supposed to lift the trophy.

Before we ran onto the field, I kissed her. Like every game before that. Nothing was strange, nothing was different. She couldn't even imagine what was going on.

The result of the match was 0:0 until the very end. Before the extra time was called, Pablo was able to score a goal and lead us to victory. But he didn't do it. He took a risk and passed the ball to me. That was our last chance. I fired the ball...and...it went in. It went in....goal...goal...goal. At that moment, Pablo risked the victory of the whole team. But if he hadn't done that, this moment wouldn't have been this special.
As they say... there is no story without risk.

The match ended, and Barcelona won their sixth Champions League. I was happy, maybe even the happiest person at that moment. Then I saw her. As she runs towards me. We hugged. She kissed me. In front of thousands and thousands of people. She was always the one who was more dominant, and that never bothered me. But this time it was my turn. I gave Pablo a sign, at that moment he gathered everyone's attention to himself, then to us. Everyone was looking at us, and then I knelt down. I was right in front of her. She was left in shock.
"Sofia Díaz, two and a half years ago you walked into my life. I could never have dreamed that you would change it so much. You made me a better person, and for that I am very grateful. Exactly two years and two days ago I was like this the same way I knelt before you and asked you to be my girlfriend. Then I got a positive answer, and I hope it will be positive now.
Sofia Díaz, will you do me the honor of being the happiest man in the world, and will you marry me?"

I waited patiently, even though 100 thoughts were running through my head. What if she says 'no', in front of all these people? I was just waiting for an answer, she held her hands over her mouth, she was visibly in shock. I was hoping for a positive answer, that's the only thing I expected.
"Yes" she said quietly, but loud enough for me to hear her.
"Yes, she said yes." I jumped for happiness. Everyone around us started clapping, and the fans started cheering and shouting our names. Pablo was jumping with happiness, he shouted and started hugging the people around us. I have a feeling he was even happier than us.

She said 'yes' and that's the most important thing. This moment was magical. This moment could not have been better. I won the Champions League with my dream club. And the girl I've loved for so long became my fiancee.

Our engagement was talked about for a very long time. All the media talked about us.

Five years have passed since that day. I can't believe time is going by so fast. We have been married for three years. I sold my two houses, and we bought a big house. My wife and I live there now. But we don't live in that big house alone. Our daughter has been living with us for five months. Her name is Julia. I named her. Sofia agreed to that name. We have a dog, a golden retriever to be exact, he gets along perfectly with Sofia's cat, Paris. Sofia is currently not working, although she still has her own makeup brand. Sofia's dad reminds us regularly. He is a great grandfather to little Julia. Sofia's father and I get along perfectly. And I'm very glad about that. At first, I was a little afraid of how we would get along. But now I know we get along great. He is a big fan of Barcelona. And he invests a lot in our club. He was very happy when he met me. I still play for Barcelona. Of course, it's my dream club. My career has progressed a lot. My best friend, and best man, Pablo and I are still very close. And now he has found a girl. He is very happy with her. I knew he would get her, one day. But miraculously, he didn't find her in the club, but in the library.

I think I finally got my 'fairytale ending'.

And they live happily ever after!
End