Pedri's house

The day before the match came. Xavi and I worked very hard and did our best to organize everything. The last practice has been played. The team seemed ready. Everyone was very excited. Nevertheless, excitement and stress were felt in everyone.

Xavi gave his last speech after training. He was very inspiring. The players listened attentively to every word. He even inspired me. I even took part in selecting the team (the first eleven players who will play). It seemed that we had some chances. I mean, my dad always said that Barcelona is a strong team. Looks like he was right.

After the speech, I headed for the car with Pedri and Gavi, like every other time. Nothing strange happened, we left the parking lot, like every other day. But after a short drive, we stopped.

 But after a short drive, we stopped

"What's going on?", I asked. "Paparazzi," Gavi replied. "What does that mean?" "These are fans who are too interested in our life," Pedri answered, trying to drive.

Pedri and Gavi opened the windows to sign autographs for some fans. I guess that should have helped.
"Pedri we love you!"
"Gavi, marry me!",was heard from outside. A very strange situation. Suddenly, shouting was heard from outside: "Who is that with them?"
"Is that a girl?"
"WHOSE GIRL IS THAT?"
That was already a problem. Should I be worried? At that moment, Pedri closed the windows and started blowing his horn. The paparazzi slowly moved away and we started moving.

"Great!", Pedri muttered. I just remained silent. "They'll be following us for sure.", Gavi whispered. "I know, we can't just keep driving like this." Pedri whispered back. Gavi turned to me,"Sofia we don't want them to find out where you live. Otherwise you won't be able to live off them. If you don't mind, we suggest you come with us." I just nodded my head. I was still in shock.

We entered some narrow streets. We drove for about twenty minutes, I think. Finally, we stopped in front of a big house. It was very big. I mean, I've seen bigger ones, but again... Pedri took a bunch of keys out of the car and headed towards the fence of the house.
"This is his house?", I asked Gavi.
"Yes, but this is his second house. Like a spare house. This is where we go when the paparazzi follow us." "
Oh, that's really cool."
"Isn't it?"
At that moment, Pedri turned and invited us inside. Gavi literally ran into the yard, while Pedri and I stayed behind. At that moment we heard and felt a flash. Paparazzi. Pedri took off his jacket and covered me with it. "I don't want you to become the target of the paparazzi because of me," he quietly whispered to me. I felt some warmth in my stomach. I don't know how to explain it. Like when I drink hot chocolate. But better. We entered the house and it was even bigger inside than outside.

"Make yourself comfortable," Pedri told me as we entered the large living room. There was a large TV and leather furniture. Decorated exactly according to my style. "And what are we going to do?" Pedri asked. "Stay here.", Gavi replied. "I really don't want to bother or intrude," I interjected. "Don't worry, you don't bother me!", Gavi answered, as if it was his house. "I agree. The house is big enough for all of us. By the way, the paparazzi will be gone by morning," Pedri added. "Okay, if you say so
",I replied. "I'll take you home in the morning, anyway we have a day off before the trip," Pedri added. "That sounds wonderful." "I'll prepare something to eat.".Pedri said, getting up from the sofa. "Wait, you know how to cook?", I asked. "Yes, quite a bit." "That's really cool." Pedri just laughed and headed towards the kitchen.

Does this man have a flaw? What am I saying? Am I sane? Do I hear myself at all? But again, when a guy cooks, that's a big green flag in my opinion.