At the police station

I arrived at the police station.

I was very nervous.

A policewoman took me to the office. I waited a few minutes until the head constable came.

"Good afternoon. You must be Pedro Gonzalez." he greeted me.
"That's me." I stood up and gave him my hand.
"I spoke to your friend last night. Miss Kiemeney. She led me into the story. The other witnesses pretty much corroborated the story. Miss Kiemeney also told me that your friend ended up in the hospital and that you drove her. Is that correct? ?" he asked me after introducing me to the situation.
"That's right." I answered.
"And where were you the rest of the night?" he asked again.
"In the hospital," I answered.
"Can anyone confirm that?" he asked again.
"Of course, the nurse who worked the night shift that night. But I'm sure there are cameras in the hospital."
"Sure, we'll check on that." he answered, writing down on paper.

"Well Pedro, we heard the story from the others. Now we have to hear it from you." the policeman raised his head and said. I told everything that happened last night.

"It's a pretty similar story to the one we've heard from others..."
"I understand that your friend is very important to you, but you have to understand that you will have to bear the consequences."
"Of course, I'm aware of that."
"Your girlfriend must be very important to you to do something like that."
"She's not my girlfriend, but I'd do it for any girl." I answered. I would do it for any girl. It doesn't matter if I know her or not.
"I understand, you're a good boy Pedro. I have a daughter too. I can only imagine someone rescuing her like that. I'll let you go only with a fine. If you pay in the next seven days, you pay half the price." He gave me a fine on paper. "Thank you, thank you very much. You don't know how grateful I am." I thanked him.
"Take care Pedro. And take care of your friend" he asked.
"I will, thank you again." I took my jacket, said goodbye to the policeman and headed for the exit.

I was thinking about that bastard in the car. What will happen to him? Will he get away with it just like that? But that is not so important anymore. The most important thing is that Sofia is fine. And that she woke up. I have more important things to worry about now. For example, tomorrow's match. Or of course Sofia.

I stopped at a flower shop on the way. I bought Sofia tulips. I remembered that she loved them. At least she used to love them. When she was little, she kept saying that she wanted to have a tulip farm.

 When she was little, she kept saying that she wanted to have a tulip farm

I stopped at the bakery. I bought croissants. They were warm. Fresh out of the oven. While we were in Paris she said she likes to eat them. And that she likes it best when they are warm. And she only eats them when they have a lot of chocolate in them.

I rushed to the hospital. I couldn't wait to see Sofia. We didn't even say goodbye when I left.

When I got to the hospital, I found Mikky, Frenkie, Maria and Gavi in ​​the waiting room.

"What's going on? Why are you all out there?" I asked.
"They threw us out, the visiting time has expired, the next visit is only in three hours." Frenkie answered.
"Liar! You liar!" Maria started hitting me with her bag.
"What have I done now?" I asked.
"You lied. You said we were all going home, but you stayed." she answered me.
We all started laughing. Gavi and I greeted each other, as we hadn't seen each other since last night.

"I think it would be best if we went to lunch while we wait for visiting time." Mikky proposed. We all agreed.
"I'm just going to take this to the nurse and ask her to take it to Sofia" I said
"Ok, meet me in front of the hospital." Gavi said and they headed for the exit.

I found a nurse and asked her to bring Sofia tulips and croissants. She agreed. In the tulips was a card that said 'Get well soon Sofia!' I asked the flower girl to write it down while I was buying flowers.

They were waiting for me outside.
" Are we going?" I asked.
"Of course, we were just waiting for you." Frenie nodded.
"I'm going with Pedri, we have to talk about something." Mikky started walking towards my car.
"Okay. I'll see you at the restaurant then." Frenkie started walking towards his car. Maria, Gavi and Frenkie went together, and Mikky and I.

*During that time at Sofia's*

I was just resting.

A nurse entered my room. She was holding a bouquet of tulips and a box in her hands.

Tulips have always been my favorite flowers. I've loved them since I was little. Those were my mother's favorite flowers. We had a small tulip garden behind the house. Mom and I planted them together. After her death, all the flowers withered. There was no one to look after them and take care of them. I was five years old at that time. I was very small. I didn't even fully know what was happening, but the tulips always remained in my memory. They reminded me of my mom.

"Your friend left you flowers and asked me to give them to you. The one who slept there last night," the nurse snapped me out of my thoughts.
"Oh, thank you for bringing them," I answered. Pedri? Yes, I understand now. He just disappeared. We didn't even say goodbye. I didn't even realize he was gone. He probably went to buy me flowers. He really shouldn't have.
"I'll find a flower vase." the nurse suggested.
"That would be wonderful. Thank you." I thanked.

There were croissants in the box. Warm. With lots of chocolate. Just the ones I love the most. They are perfect. Like tulips. Pedri knows my soul. It's like we've known each other forever. He is the perfect friend. I couldn't even ask for such a thing. Such a friend is born only once. I also have the chance to be his friend. His friendship is very important to me and I don't want to lose him as a friend.

"Are you sure that you are not together? That he is not your boyfriend?" the nurse asked me.
"I'm sure I would know if someone was my boyfriend." I laughed and answered. "Of course. But does he know that?" she asked putting the tulips back in the vase.
"We're just really good friends. I'm sure he thinks so too."
"If you say so. You should rest a little more. In an hour we have to do some more blood tests on you. And after that you are free to go home." She told me as she checked my findings.
"Okay, thanks," I replied.

I can't wait to get back to the apartment. I can't wait to see Paris again.