I'm over it.

*Pedri's pov*

Two months have already passed. A lot of things have changed. In all kinds of ways. Sofia and Balde are still together. Our season with the club is going great. I met some new players who came to Barcelona. Balde and I are pretty much back to normal. I don't avoid him anymore. And what about Sofia and me? Well...we see each other every day, of course we work together. We are not like usual. We talk, we say hello. But it's not like before, we moved away. We don't go home together anymore. I still feel something for her. Maybe even more than before. But I have learned to live with the fact that she is in a relationship with someone else. I still regret not being fast enough. But I'm happy that she's happy. She is enjoying herself with Balde.

My cousin from Mexico came to visit me. Lilly is one of my favorite cousins. We've been friends since we were little. But her family had to move a few years ago. Since then she lives in Mexico. We kept in touch. And we hear from each other all the time. Lilly graduated from medical school and works in a hospital. The whole family is proud of her.

I had to take Lilly with me to practice today.I didn't want to leave her alone at home, so I took her with me.By the way, Lilly doesn't follow football, but she always supports me. And that's why I'm grateful to her.The training went quite well. Like every other so far. Like every one so far, the last two months.

When the training ended, Lilly waited for me at the exit.

When I finished changing, I headed for the exit. I spotted Lilly on the way out. She was talking to Sofia. I definitely did not expect that. I approached and said hello to Sofia.

"Hi Sofia, this is my cousin Lilly." I introduced Lilly.
"Hi Pedri, I know we just met." Sofia greeted me back.
"It was nice to meet you Sofia. We had a nice talk, I hope we'll meet again." Lilly waved goodbye to Sofia.
"I too hope to meet again soon." Sofia waved her goodbye back. Lilly headed for the car, and I stayed behind to say goodbye to Sofia.

"See you then." I said goodbye.
"See you." she waved me goodbye back. "By the way...how are you?" I turned back and asked her.
"Great, how are you?" she replied.
"I'm fine. I'm just a little nervous about the upcoming game."
"You don't have to be. Everything will go great."
"I hope so. It's a shame you won't be with us on the field."
"I'm sorry too. But that suspension came at a bad time. But don't worry, I'll cheer for you from the stands. And Mikky will keep me company."
"I'm glad to hear that. I'll see you tomorrow at training Sofia."
"See you Pedri."

I waved goodbye to her for real this time and headed for the car. Lilly was waiting for me in the car.

"Who is this kind girl? Your friend?" Lilly asked as I got into the car.
"Sofia? She is my friend. We have known each other for a long time," I answered.
"She would make good girlfriend material." Lilly joked.
"She would. Just not for me." I answered.
"Come on Pedro. You've never had a girlfriend. Honestly, half the family thinks you're gay."
"Come on Lilly, that's not true."
"Actually it is. You know Camila Juan's daughter? She spread it."
"A witch. I know she's not to be trusted. She was always stealing my stuffed toys and cutting their fur."
"She did that to my barbies too."
"She was always weird."
"That's what I always said."
"Me too."

"But Pedro, you really have to find a girlfriend. The whole family expects that."
"I still have time, I have more important things to take care of now."
"For example?"
"My career."
"Oh Pedro, you only care about your career. You have to enjoy life a little. Date people."
"Just YOU don't tell me about dating. Don't let me tell you about your dating history."
"We won't talk about that now."
we both laughed.

Lilly is like the sister I never had. She is very nice. But retarded guys stick to her like a magnet.

Lilly and I were very close as children. But her parents had to move because her dad got a much higher paying job. Money has always been a bloody problem. 

Although we have remained in good contact, it is not the same as it was. Lilly and I have both made it in life. Which is really cool to me. I always believed in her, and she in me. And that's how it's always been.

"I've been thinking. I haven't seen you play in a real game in a long time. I'll come to one of your games. As soon as I can."
"You promise?"
"I promise!"
"I take your word for it."
"One day."
"Can not wait."
"Me too."

"Let's go to dinner tonight? So I can show you Barcelona. You haven't been for a long time, everything has changed," I suggested.
"That would be great. And you might find a girlfriend along the way."
"Lilly!"
"What?"