There aren't many true friends left in this world.

Climbing down the stairs I got a call from Barb. "Hey girl, we have to meet so you know what new news I have. We can meet at that new expensive restaurant." That new restaurant was on the other side of town from my apartment. And the buses didn't go in that direction at that time. "Uh, you know, I have a situation at the moment...", I told her everything that happened with my dad. "Really tough situation isn't it? But you know since you don't have your money anymore...it won't look good on my reputation. I hope you understand what I mean." I stood in shock, almost dropped my cell phone. Barb just hung up. I pray? What just happened? The person I said was my true friend stabbed me in the back. Why? Why me? I definitely did not deserve this. There aren't many true friends left in this world. Looks like I was right about that at least.

 Looks like I was right about that at least

I

needed some fresh air. I went out in front of the apartment. The air was very heavy. Tears were coming down my face by themselves.

Thoughts were flying in my head. I really didn't need this in my life. My dad doesn't call me, my closest friend stabbed me in the back. I have to wake up every morning and go to work. I make my own food and ride the bus. Can my life get any worse?

I shouldn't have bothered my pretty head too much. I have to go to bed, I need sleep for my beauty. I work in the morning, I can't afford to lose my job.