Since when?

*Mikky's pov'

I saw Pedri running.

He was leaving the field, towards the dressing room.

It was not time to leave. All the fans called him and cheered for him. The stands were burning. Nevertheless, this was a very important victory. All the other players were hanging out together. And celebrated with the fans. Pedri is normally a person who loves fans and gives them attention. Something 100% happened. I need to find out what.

I saw Gavi walking in my direction, so I stopped him.

"Hey, congratulations on the win." I greeted him.
"Hi, thanks, what's up." he greeted me back.
"I saw Pedri just now, and he was very upset. What happened?" I asked.
"He wasn't upset. He's just excited after this win. He went to get a marker to sign autographs for the fans. You know Pedri. He loves the fans. Hehe," he nervously explained to me.

I knew he was lying.

I also knew why Pedri was upset.

Something happened.

Something happened with Sofia.

I'm sure of it.

"Gavi, I know something is wrong. Did something happen with Sofia? Did Pedri get scared? Oh my God...did she reject him?" I asked. Gavi was in shock. He probably didn't know that I knew about Sofia and Pedri.

"I...uh...you know? You know about Pedri and Sofia?

"Yes,Pedri told me."

"Mikky, something terrible happened." he told me.

"Pablo, for God's sake, tell me what happened."

"I have to go see where Pedri is."
"Pablo, let me go, whatever it is, I think I can handle it."
"No this, there is no repair here." "Maybe I can manage the situation, you stay there with the others and with the fans."
"Okay, but don't let him do anything stupid."
"Okay see you later."
"See you later"
we said goodbye.

I went to the dressing room and knocked on the door.

I opened them slowly.

There he was.

Sitting on the bench.

Holding his head in his hands.

I had the feeling that he was crying.

But those are not tears.

It's sweat.

That man never cried.

At least not until now.

"Hey how are you?" I asked quietly sitting next to him.

He raised his head and looked at me. He didn't cry. He didn't even look like he was going to cry. He looked tired. What happened between him and Sofia? So that he looks like this? What did she do to him?

"What happened?" I asked.
"I was late. Mikky, I was late." he replied.
"What? I don't understand? Did she reject you?"
"No, Mikky, worse. I was late."

I still didn't understand. Am I that stupid? Or he talks in code.

"Mikky, she is not mine. She will never be mine. Now she is someone else's," he opened up to me.
"I...Pedri...tell me everything..."
"He asked her to be his girlfriend. And she agreed."
"Who?"
"Alejandro."
"Balde?"

I was shocked.

Since when?

"I definitely didn't expect this."
"Me neither. He was always around her, but I never thought he liked her. How stupid I was."
"It's not your fault," I tried to comfort him.
"Yes, it's my fault. If I hadn't thought about it so much, I would have asked her. I could have asked her right away. She could have already been with me. I was stupid. I didn't know what I wanted. Now it's too late."
"It's not late, it's never late. Pedri, you're young, you have time."
"My time is up."
"Don't say that. I don't think Balde and Sofia will last anyway."
"You should have seen them on the way from Paris. She laughed with him, laughed with him in a way she never laughed with me."
"Don't say that. You're a great boy. You'll find a way to fix this."
"There's no way to fix this Mikky. I screwed up. I didn't know what I wanted. It's too late. I deserved this," he said standing up.

He opened his cabinet and took out a bouquet of tulips.

That bouquet must have been for Sofia. Something tightened in my throat. I felt like I was going to cry. I wouldn't survive someone breaking my heart like this.

He didn't even look hurt at all. He looked like he was used to getting his heart broken.

He threw the bouquet in the trash, put his hands in his pockets and stared at the bouquet in the trash. Sweat poured down his face. Those weren't tears. There were never tears on his face.

I hugged him from behind. Tears were streaming down my face. I hugged him tightly. I felt so sorry for him.

I have never seen him like this, cold, emotionless.

I learned to see him smiling. Full of positive energy. Where is that Pedri? What happened to him?

If this is what love does to a person.

I don't want love.

I wiped my tears and calmed down.

We had to go, this is the end.

I don't want this to be the end.

I don't want this to be the end of them.