training

When we arrived on the pitch, Xavi didn't want to waste time, so he immediately started individual training. Each team member trained for himself. Some worked on footwork, some on goal shooting, some on running, and some practiced shooting penalties. Xavi and I worked on tactics during that time.

We haven't changed much in tactics. We just made some changes to the player positions. It was in our favor that we didn't have a single injured player. That was very strange for our team. Otherwise, at least three players were always injured. After the team warmed up, we decided to divide them into two teams and play a game.

Everything was going perfectly until at one point we heard a scream. When I turned around I saw Balde lying on the floor holding his leg. My heart stopped for a moment and I immediately ran to see what was happening. Pablo Gavi, Pedri and Lewandowaki were helping him. It seems that Lewandowaki accidentally slipped on him and knocked him down. I hoped it was nothing dangerous. Not only because of tomorrow's game, but also because I was scared for Balde. Xavi came running at the same moment and asked me to take Balde to Maria to look at his leg.

I was relieved when I realized that Balde can still lean on his leg, even though he can't walk properly. I helped him limp to Maria.

I stayed in front of the room where Maria was examining Baldeo. They were in there for about twenty minutes. It seemed to me that it was the longest twenty minutes of waiting in my life. I was very worried about Balde. At first it didn't look that dangerous, but anything could happen. You never know with injuries.

After about twenty minutes, Maria left the room.
"And?" I asked nervously.
"The injury is not serious. He has a minor foot injury. He sprained it a bit. But rest will heal everything." Maria answered.
"About how long will he have to rest?" "At least two weeks. For the rest to work," Maria explained.
"That's not good. It means he won't be able to play tomorrow."
"He will certainly not be able to play tomorrow. If he strains his foot, his condition could worsen."
"I understand. Thanks for everything Maria, see you." I said goodbye to Maria. "See you." Maria retorted.

As soon as I said goodbye to Maria, I headed to the field. The team trained each separately again. Xavi was sitting on the bench. You could see from a distance that he was nervous. His knees were shaking. I immediately headed towards him. I had to tell him new news.
"And what kind of news are they? Good or bad?" asked Xavi. "Bad..." I answered. "I knew." Xavi just held his head.
"Balde won't be able to play tomorrow. But it's nothing dangerous. He will probably continue training and playing next week," I explained to Xavi.
"It's good, it's nothing dangerous. But we have to find a replacement." Xavi said getting up and going to gather the team.

"Everyone listen here! As you could have already noticed, Balde is injured. Nothing is dangerous. He has a minor foot injury. But he will not be able to play tomorrow. Jordi Alba will replace him. This must not stop us. We must play as if we were playing with all the players Do you understand?" Xavi gave a motivational speech.
"We understand," everyone answered, and returned to training. Xavi and I were solving changes in positions and tactics for tomorrow's game until the end of training.

We were all quite tired and just wanted to get to the bus as soon as possible and head to the hotel.

I couldn't wait to get to the hotel and rest. Maria and I talked a little about tomorrow's game, and not long after that we fell asleep.