ii. empty

────────────── ✧༺

𝐓𝐖𝐎,                   𝒆𝒎𝒑𝒕𝒚

𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚃𝚆𝙾 !

TW: substance abuse

┌────── ⚾ ──────┐
JUNE 30, 2017
└────── ⚾ ──────┘

          𝐋𝐔𝐂𝐈𝐀𝐍𝐀 𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐃 𝐅𝐄𝐋𝐓 utterly and completely empty, something she hadn't felt since her grandmother died. she'd done routine assignments like this hundreds of times and nothing had ever gone wrong, until two weeks ago. 

firefights were nothing new and she had been trained to never be caught off guard, and yet she was. she didn't know what had gone wrong or why everything had happened, but she knew it hurt. without jemma, she was nothing, or at least that's what she thought. when jemma lewis-fitz had died, it felt like luciana had died with her. several gunshot wounds, a broken hand, and one coma later, she was home and for the first time in her life, luciana daiyu ward didn't know what to do.

she groaned quietly as she set her bag down on the floor clutching the side of her stomach with her broken hand as she walked over to the kitchen to grab a glass.

she knew it was only a matter of time before bobbi, melinda, elena, will or eli came to find her. the three people she didn't want to see cared about her, and she knew it.

she poured herself a glass of water and sipped it slowly, sitting down on one of the barstools. she didn't bother turning on the lights, so the whole house was dark and cold. 

she'd never noticed all the imperfections in her house until that moment. the dirt in between the panels on the wall in the kitchen. all the fingerprints on the frame picture of her brothers. all the dirty dishes that had piled up in her sink from weeks ago. 

she got up and put the glass in the sink, not looking at all the other dishes. she grabbed a bottle of jack daniel's and tucked it under her arm. she cast one last look at her bag before pulling herself up the stairs. 

she placed the bottle of jack daniel's on her nightstand before walking over to her closet and grabbing a small wooden box. she unlocked it and pulled out a small semi-automatic. she loaded it and placed it in between the headboard and the mattress of her bed.

she remembered the bottle of antidepressants that were in her jacket pocket. she squinted, reading the label on the back before unscrewing the cap. she opening the bottle of jack daniel's and tossed the cap aside. 

she took one last look at the label on the back before downing half the bottle. she set the pills aside and took a swig of jack daniel's and before long, the bottle was empty.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

𝐀 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐋𝐎𝐓𝐓𝐈𝐄

what the fuck is this? i don't know. i'm pretty sure i broke my ankle so that's fun.

also this was kinda proofread, so.

anywaysss, hope you enjoyed!

comment and vote!

lova ya,

- lottie.

published: 3/23/23