xli. mother

────────────── ✧༺

𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄,                         𝒎𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓

𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝙵𝙾𝚁𝚃𝚈 𝙾𝙽𝙴!

TW: mentions of drinking problems and smoking

┌────── ⚾ ──────┐
JANUARY 5, 2018
└────── ⚾ ──────┘

          𝐒𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐎𝐊𝐄 𝐔𝐏 at 10:30 AM, having slept through the night with pills, something that almost never happened.

The meeting was at 12:30. she had to leave by 11:30.

1 hour.

she got up, showered, and got dressed. surprisingly, it was too cold out despite it being january, so black jeans and a leather jacket would be fine. nothing special.

she walked over to the end of the hall with a wooden spoon and knelt down by the hall closet. carefully, she wedged the spoon in the gap between two floorboards, dislodging one of them revealing a small handgun, a few magazines, a pocket knife, and a pack of cigarettes.

she left the rest of the items and took the pack of cigarettes before carefully placing the floorboard back.

it had been a month since luciana had told herself the smoking had gotten out of hand. she threw most of them out, keeping only one pack that was kept under the floorboard.

she needed it today.

the lighter was hidden on top of one of the kitchen cabinets. particularly, the one at the end where the counter was cut off so she would have no place to stand.

she dragged a chair over and stood up on top of it but she was still too short to reach the top.

she didn't remember how she got it up there in the first place. that information would actually prove to be useful at that moment.