lxiii. it's not your fault part two

────────────── ✧༺

𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄,                                                  𝒊𝒕'𝒔 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒇𝒂𝒖𝒍𝒕 𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒕𝒘𝒐

𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚂𝙸𝚇𝚃𝚈 𝚃𝙷𝚁𝙴𝙴 !

tw: mentions of rape

┌────── ⚾ ──────┐
JUNE 16, 2022
└────── ⚾ ──────┘

          𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐄𝐋𝐈 𝐖𝐎𝐊𝐄 up from surgery, the first thing he saw was the plain white ceiling. the second was his little sister, bee, who was sleeping in a chair beside his bed, her head resting on the arm of the chair. elena was on the other side of the room, and the moment he opened his eyes, she was running over to his side.

the next couple of days were a mixture of doctors, agents, friends, and family members. so many faces, so many names, but the one person he wanted to see didn't come. eli didn't blame her, but it still hurt. in fact, everything hurt. his body was bruised and battered, and the painkillers only helped a little. his shoulder was all out of whack and they all knew it would be a little while before he was cleared for the field. the other physical wounds were healing, but the mental ones, well, those would take a little longer.

"is that for me?" eli grinned as elena walked into his room, carrying two cups of coffee in a cardboard holder in one hand while the other clutched a small paper bag that he knew contained donuts.

"who else would it be for?" elena sat down in the chair next to his bed and handed him the coffee, which he gratefully accepted. hospital food sucked ass and the coffee wasn't much better, so he was thankful for all the food and drinks she brought him.

the two chatted for a few minutes and during that span of maybe 10 minutes, eli noticed something was different in her demeanor. she seemed sad. and not the 'one of my best friends for over ten years betrayed me' kind of sad, it was a 'it's not your fault' kind of sad. he didn't understand it.

"what's wrong with you?" he asked, taking another sip of his coffee.

she sighed and took the coffee out of his hand, placing it on the table beside him. after luce asked her to tell melinda and eli what happened, she told melinda and then two flipped a coin to determine who would tell eli. she lost the coin toss and was dreading this conversation.

"we need to talk about something," she began, trying to find the words to tell him the horrible thing that happened. "luce wanted to wait until a little while but she agreed to let me tell you."

"tell me what?" he asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

elena took a deep breath, and looked him in the eye. "you can't fly off the handle, okay?"

"el, what's going on?" he asked, sitting up straighter.

"just promise me you won't do anything," she begged.

"scouts honor," he replied, holding up his hand. she gave him a look, and he sighed. "okay, fine, i promise."

"when you out during the fight," she began, choosing her words carefully. "will, um, he..."

"elena, what happened?" eli asked, his voice hard. she never stuttered or paused, and her hesitation was worrying him. he knew whatever it was, it was bad.

she looked away from him and took a deep breath. the words she used to tell him were careful and calm, but his reaction wasn't. the moment she finished speaking, he was ripping the iv from his arm, ignoring the blood that trickled down his arm.

he didn't make it too far before the pain of his injuries made him slow down, and before he knew it, elena was shoving him back into the bed, her hands holding him down.

"no, get off," he argued, his voice raising.

"siéntate," she commanded, using her stern voice. he was weak, and she knew if she wanted to, she could easily keep him in the bed, but she really didn't want to hurt him anymore then she just did. he continued to struggle, and elena had to put more force into her hold.

"elijah, stop."

"i was right there, elena," he seethed, glaring at her. his eyes were clouded with tears and his jaw was clenched. "i was right there, and i didn't do anything. i'm supposed to protect her, i'm supposed to help her, and i let that piece of shit-"

"you were out," she reminded him, her tone softening. "there was nothing you could've done, and we can't change what happened, no matter how much we want to. it's not your fault. it's not anyone's fault but william's."

he closed his eyes and took a deep breath, his anger fizzling out. he leaned back against the pillows and elena finally released her hold on him. she didn't move, she just sat on the bed next to him, watching his face carefully. tears streaked his cheeks, and his face was tinged pink from yelling.

"i should've done something," he croaked, wiping the tears away.

elena didn't say anything. instead, she leaned forward and wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him into a hug. he didn't hesitate to hug her back, his body shaking as he sobbed into her shoulder. she was careful not to squeeze too tightly, not wanting to cause him any more pain.

"it's not your fault," she soothed, rubbing his back. "it's not your fault."

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

𝐀 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐋𝐎𝐓𝐓𝐈𝐄

what if i just deleted this account?

anywaysss, hope you enjoyed!

comment and vote!

love ya,

- lottie.

published: 3/17/24