xxix. opening day

────────────── ✧༺

𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄,                      𝒐𝒑𝒆𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒅𝒂𝒚

𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚃𝚆𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚈 𝙽𝙸𝙽𝙴 !

┌────── ⚾ ──────┐
APRIL 8, 2022
└────── ⚾ ──────┘

          𝐎𝐏𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐃𝐀𝐘 𝐖𝐀𝐒 what some would call a dream and some would call a nightmare.

it was the day to turn over a new leaf for so many people. 

players could forget about their ups and downs from the previous season and be the best baseball players they could be and managers could try out their new tactics and lineups they had been testing out all year.

on the other hand, it was the first day of real work. the day where it all began. the day when it started to matter.

aaron woke up earlier then usual, the sky still pink as the sun rose. he glanced down at his phone, the numbers reading 5:01 but he wasn't bothered. he had always been an earlier riser, and seeing the sunrise wasn't so bad either.

luce's lips parted, a soft snore escaped her small frame as aaron smiled down at her. 

he took a few moments to just admire the goddess of a women before him. 

her hair, recently dyed blonde again, and newly cut into curtain bangs, was in a not so neat bun behind her head and her earrings sparkled in the sunlight that shone down on her. she was in one of his old yankee shirts, making aaron chuckle, knowing for a fact he was never getting it back.

he hadn't expected her to wake up early, because she never did, but a part of him just wanted to wake her up and tell her about everything he was gonna do that day.

opening day was special to aaron and always had been. he loved the atmosphere of yankee stadium on opening day, and having their all time rivals aka the boston red sox as their first opponent of the year just made it that much better.