xlix. complications

────────────── ✧༺

𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄,                                 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒑𝒍𝒊𝒄𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏𝒔

𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝙵𝙾𝚁𝚃𝚈 𝙽𝙸𝙽𝙴!

┌────── ⚾ ──────┐
MAY 18, 2022
└────── ⚾ ──────┘

          𝐆𝐈𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐎 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐎𝐍 𝐇𝐀𝐃 had always considered himself a lucky man. he had a loving girlfriend, a loving family, the best friends he could ever ask for, a job he loved, and more money he could spend.

for the most part, things had always gone well for the slugger. sure, he had his ups and downs, but who didn't? so why did things turn sour so fast? how did things turn sour so fast?

in the span of a couple of hours, he'd lost his girlfriend and his person.

they were supposed to be happy. he and bobbi were supposed to be happy. he and luce were supposed to be there for each other, no matter what. he was supposed to get married, and win a world series, and be happy.

he just wanted to be happy.

he just wanted her to be happy.

there had been complications with the last surgery.

giancarlo barely remembered anything from that day. it was all a blur and the only thing he really remembered was the doctor coming out.

he had been over the moon when he told the group they'd saved her again.

he had been stupid to think that was all the doctor had to say.

they had saved, but her body had paid the price.

remember giancarlo stanton's plan? the plan to get married, go on their honeymoon in greece, get a hamster, and have kids.

three kids.

that wouldn't be happening, even if she did wake up.

if.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

┌────── ⚾ ──────┐

MAY 20, 2022

└────── ⚾ ──────┘

          𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐘 𝐁𝐄𝐀𝐓 of the monitor beeping in a steady rhythm was the only thing that could be heard in the dimly lit hospital room.

giancarlo was slumped over in a chair at her bedside. he'd hardly moved from that position since the accident happened.

elena had left to grab some chinese food, leaving them by themselves. will had gone out to take care of something and he had no idea where melinda and eli had gone. bobbi's parents and her brother, gabriel, had flown in a few days prior but they had leave.

giancarlo had no idea how much time off the yankees front office would be giving him, but he didn't care. until she woke up, he wouldn't move.

if she woke up.

but if she woke up, he would have to tell her. tell her that she couldn't have kids.

she'd always loved kids and it would crush her.

he gripped one of her hands softly, careful not to mess with the pulse monitor. her skin was cold to the touch but he didn't care.

"i promise to not order out so much," he whispered, looking up at her through puffy red eyes.

he had been repeating his promises since elena left. it was stupid, but it made him feel better. it made him hopeful. hopeful that she would be ok.

"i promise i'll always let you pick the movie."

beep.

"i promise i'll clean out my sock drawer."

beep.

"i promise i'll let the sox strike me out every time."

beep.

"i promise i'll stop burning stuff when i cook."

beep.

"i promise i'll stop eating cinnabuns everyday."

beep.

"i promise i'll let you win in monopoly."

beep.

"i promise to stop making fun of you for being short even though you're 5'10."

beep.

"i promise to pay attention when you ask me what dress to where even if they're the same color."

beep.

"i love you," he muttered before bowing his head and allowing more tears to roll down his cheeks.

beep.

"i'm sorry."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

          ❛❛𝐃𝐄𝐋𝐆𝐀𝐃𝐎!❜❜ elena shot up in her seat, her head snapping to the doorway.

after she had returned with the food for giancarlo and herself, he'd fallen asleep and somehow the girl managed to move him to his cot without waking him up.

she had been about to fall asleep when eli appeared in the doorway, melinda right beside him.

"what?" she whispered-yelled, glancing over at giancarlo who was still sleeping.

though she was very good at hiding it, elena was exhausted. she dreaded telling bobbi about the complications and she hadn't been able to get a good night's sleep in days.

"we have a lead," eli whispered, glancing back at his 'mother'.

"what?" she stood up, not sure if she had heard him right.

"we know how to get to him," melinda told her, voice a little louder than her 'son's' was.

elena glanced at giancarlo, then eli, and then melinda before speaking up.

"call ward."

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

𝐀 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐋𝐎𝐓𝐓𝐈𝐄

idk what this is it's all over the place lmao i can't.

also, i saw a roach help me pls.

ALSOOOO, i'm almost done w this shit i pinky swear.

anywaysss, hope you enjoyed!

comment and vote!

love ya,

- lottie.

published: 10/28/23