xvii. new year, same me

────────────── ✧༺

𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍,                    𝒏𝒆𝒘 𝒚𝒆𝒂𝒓, 𝒔𝒂𝒎𝒆 𝒎𝒆

𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚂𝙴𝚅𝙴𝙽𝚃𝙴𝙴𝙽 !

┌────── ⚾ ──────┐
DECEMBER 31, 2021
└────── ⚾ ──────┘

          ❛𝐖𝐇𝐘 𝐈𝐒 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐇𝐀𝐈𝐑 𝐏𝐔𝐑𝐏𝐋𝐄?❜❜ tyler asked when luce opened the door.

"what the hell?" she muttered, eyeing the boy up and down. "aren't you supposed to be, like, somewhere else?"

"yes," daisy said, stepping out from behind tyler. luce looked away for a second before whipping her head back to the younger girl.

"daisy!" daisy laughed as luce wrapped her arms around her, lifting to her feet and spinning her around. the two hadn't seen each other since the wedding. daisy and tyler were supposed to be in la, but they had arranged it with aaron so they would fly in just in time for new years.

"why don't you get this excited when it's just me?" tyler muttered as luce set her down. 

"because you're an asshat who makes fun of my amazingly gorgeous hair," luce replied, taking daisy's hand to lead her into the house. she led them to the living room where the group was gathered. 

"ay, daisy," aaron said with a smile. he stood up from his spot on the couch to hug his sister.

"nobody likes me," tyler muttered under his breath as everyone greeted daisy.

"awwww, is little tyler feeling left out?" luce mocked him with a mopey face.

"shut up," tyler said as she hugged him. "but seriously, why the purple streaks again?"