xxvi. the imbeciles and the manager play ball

────────────── ✧༺

𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐈𝐗,                    𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒊𝒎𝒃𝒆𝒄𝒊𝒍𝒆𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒎𝒂𝒏𝒂𝒈𝒆𝒓 𝒑𝒍𝒂𝒚 𝒃𝒂𝒍𝒍

𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚃𝚆𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚈 𝚂𝙸𝚇 !

┌────── ⚾ ──────┐
MARCH 28, 2022
└────── ⚾ ──────┘

          ❛❛𝐇𝐄𝐘 𝐌𝐑𝐒. 𝐉𝐔𝐃𝐆𝐄!❜❜ higgy shouted loud enough for the entire room to hear and luce and boone walked into the locker room.

"ew, don't ever call me that again," luce said with an over dramatic gag which made aaron roll his eyes.

"and did you get that new heating lamp yet?" she added in a sweet tone.

almost everybody there turned to glare at him and higgy went pale.

"that was tyler," he said quickly, pointing to tyler who stood a few feet away from him.

"i don't care which one of you it was, get me a new heating lamp," she said.

she glanced up at boone out of the corner of her eye. he nodded, cleared his throat, and stepped forward.

spring training had finally begun, and everybody was ready to get back to work. it was decided that boone would work with the new players while luce would handle the guys who already had a spot secured on the roster.

they had agreed that today would be more like a practice then anything else and they would get down to business the next day.

"alright boys, this is gonna be our year!" boone practically shouted with a huge smile. a few of the boys cheered or laughed as he went on. "we have a winning team here and if we all put in the work..."

luce stopped listening to boone, knowing exactly was he was going to say, and scanned the room. she locked eye with aaron who winked at her before trying to pay attention again.

"ms. ward?"

"judge!" aaron shouted, cupping his hands around his mouth as the entire room burst out laughing.

luce snapped out her daze and glared at aaron before turning back to boone.

"anything to say?" boone asked with a look that she knew meant he wanted her to say something to hype them up.

"i don't do speeches so let me make this quick," she said, eyes scanning the room to look every player in the eye. she bit her lip as she placed her hands on her hips before continuing. "hit the ball, catch the ball, throw the ball, don't act like fucking morons. if you guys can do that, we should be fine."