lxv. the reunion

────────────── ✧༺

𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄,                                                    𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒓𝒆𝒖𝒏𝒊𝒐𝒏

𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚂𝙸𝚇𝚃𝚈 𝙵𝙸𝚅𝙴 !

┌────── ⚾ ──────┐
JUNE 18, 2022
└────── ⚾ ──────┘

          𝐋𝐔𝐂𝐄 𝐏𝐔𝐍𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 bag, her fists flying at a speed that was almost unthinkable. her feet were light, and her movements were fluid. she had been working on a new combination, and it was coming along nicely.

the argument, or whatever the hell it was, between her and aaron the previous day had been weighing heavily on her mind. she felt terrible because he knew something was wrong, and she felt even worse because he thought it was his fault. she wanted to talk to him, to tell him it wasn't him, but she couldn't. she just couldn't. 

after the game, she did a quick post-game press conference with boone before getting her stuff and leaving without a word to anyone else. giancarlo saw her quick exit but he made no attempt to stop her. even he knew she needed to be alone right now.

she'd been in the basement for over 2 hours, and her injuries were screaming at her to stop, but she didn't want to. she needed to clear her head and she couldn't do that without hitting something. so she kept punching.

she didn't realize how hard she had been throwing the punches, until she hit the bag again and the seams split, sand pouring out. luce jumped back, startled. she looked around and sighed, her shoulders slumping.

it was an old bag, anyway, and it was about time to replace it. she kicked the remnants of the bag aside and picked up her towel. she was sweaty and gross, and she really needed a bath. she tossed the towel over her shoulder and headed upstairs.

the hot water felt nice, and the steam felt even better. the smell of vanilla filled her nose as the soap lathered and washed the sweat away. after washing the conditioner out of her hair, she stepped out of the tub and wrapped herself in a towel. she checked on the bruises and other injuries, which were looking a bit better, and dried her hair, before going to the sink to brush her teeth.

she walked over to the dresser and grabbed a pair of flannel pajama shorts, some underwear, and a shirt aaron got at a concert the went to as a teenager. it was worn and faded, but somehow it smelled like him. that made her feel a little better, but the ache was still there.

when she went downstairs to grab a bag of chips to eat in bed, there was a knock at the door. she ignored it and walked to the kitchen, but the person didn't go away. instead, they knocked again. she raised an eyebrow, grabbing a knife from the counter before walking back over to the door.

she looked through the peephole and nearly dropped the knife when she saw who was on the other side. she didn't know why she was so surprised to see him, after all this used to be his house too, but she was. the knife was placed down on the table, and she took a deep breath, trying not to panic.

she took another deep breath and opened the door.

"hey, luce." he smiled down at her, his eyes full of a mixture of concern, guilt, confusion, and something else she couldn't quite place her finger on. well, she could and she did put her finger on it, but she just didn't want to acknowledge it.

"hi."

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

𝐀 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐋𝐎𝐓𝐓𝐈𝐄

 ignore that this isn't a flashback im too lazy for this shit

anywaysss, hope you enjoyed!

comment and vote!

love ya,

- lottie.

published: 3/21/24